Chapter 1- End Of Summer

Jessica's P.O.V.

This summer has been amazing! I never realized how great summer can be when the physical activity you're doing is sexual rather than cheer related. Don't get me wrong, I cheered this summer, led the team to a national victory too, but as soon as that was done I spent more time in Damon's bed than anywhere else.

Bonnie died to save Jeremy the night before graduation and I've been pretending that I didn't know while Jeremy uses her phone to text and email about some fake round the world trip she's taking with her mom. Meanwhile, I've been working on a way to bring her back and I think I've actually found one too.

Oh, another big change this summer was the addition of something I never thought I'd need: birth control. Elena and Caroline convinced me that now that I've experienced sex, it'll be hard to let go and since I'm going to college and leaving Damon, they said I'd need it. At first, I denied it but after a couple of weeks of nothing but Damon's bed and minimum sustenance, I realized that giving up sex was going to be harder than I thought.

Which is why, since I don't start school for another week, I'm leaving my doting, whatever Damon is, to help move my best friend and sister into their college dorm since their classes start on Monday and today is currently Saturday. Liz is helping us as Elena, Caroline, and I carry all of Caroline and Elena's stuff to their dorm while I pretend that I don't see Bonnie tagging along for the ride. "Okay, Jess, you can start hooking stuff up while we get the rest of it," Caroline says and I salute her.

"Aye, aye captain," I joke and we all laugh before they leave while I begin to hook up the mini-fridge, singing Always by Isak Danielson lightly. I finish loading it with Elena and Care's blood bags when I feel them behind me. I stop singing and turn to the two of them and Liz standing and looking at me in shock. "What?"

Liz laughs. "I didn't know you could sing like that," she answers as Elena chimes in her agreement and Caroline smiles at me.

"It's just been a while since I've heard you sing. Not since your parents," she says sadly and I smile sadly.

"Well, what can I say, I'm happy."

Elena sighs. "I wish that I could relate. I've been having these dreams about Stefan drowning all summer and he won't answer my calls. I told him that I wanted to be with him and not Damon and he said we'd talk but it's been all summer."

"I told you, he just needs time," Caroline sighs but I shake my head.

"No, I think Lena might be right." Both heads snap towards me. "The night of graduation, I had these dreams. I saw Elena shove the cure down Katherine's throat, I saw Bonnie and Jeremy when he realized that he was alive again," I say, looking at Bonnie to finally let her know that I know. "And then I got this weird dream about Stefan," I confess.

"Well, what was it, sweetie?" Liz questions and I shrug.

"That's the thing, I don't know. I saw him at the quarry but then things got fuzzy, like someone really powerful was interfering with the connection but I don't think that they knew."

"Like Silas?" Caroline asks worriedly, but I shake my head.

"No, Silas is immortal, this was a witch," I reveal before sharing my theory. "I think it was Qetsiyah." Bonnie looks at me in shock before sighing.

"You have a plan, don't you, to bring me back?" She queries and I nod slightly so Care and Lena won't be suspicious and she sighs. "Tell them, they deserve to know." I give her a look. "I'm sure." I nod and turn to Elena, Caroline, and Liz who are having a conversation about Silas and interrupt.

"I have something else to tell you guys." They give me their full attention and I have to refrain from laughing, never having seen Caroline this still. "When Bonnie brought Jeremy back, it took a lot out of her. Her Grams wouldn't let her use anymore Expression and the Expression had drained her regular magic. She wasn't at full strength and she had to make a choice, her or Jeremy. She chose Jeremy, who's spent all summer pretending to be her at her request while I've spent all summer looking for a way to bring her back and I think I've found one."