Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue

3rd Person P.O.V.

It's around 2 in the afternoon when Meredith leaves the old plantation house and a snooping Hayley, who is going through Elijah's diaries, an annoyed Rebekah who started a fight about Klaus burning bodies of some vamps that tried to kill Hayley, who was planning on drinking wolfsbane to kill the miracle baby, without her, and an obnoxious Klaus, whose only plan to get Elijah back is to ask Marcel before declaring war.

Despite the horrendous morning and the odd dreams that Meredith had the previous night, she can't help but be happy because Jessica had texted her to tell her that she had landed in New Orleans with Vivianne, who decided to follow them back to her birthplace.

Meredith walks into Rousseau's and takes a seat at the bar. A blonde woman with a name tag that says 'Camille' approaches her and asks what she can get her. "Just water will be fine. I'm waiting for someone." She nods before studying her as recognition flashes on her face.

"Hey, I recognize you! You're the girl with the 343 IQ, the one that's going to U.N.O. right?" Meredith chuckles, remembering when she pretended to be Jessica for a whole summer and wondering if anyone ever mistook Jessica for her.

"No, but I'm fairly certain you're thinking of my twin, Jessica," she answers and Camille nods.

"Yeah, I think that's how she introduced herself although I did hear about a twin from a very handsome man in a suit looking for his brother," she reveals and Meredith is taken aback that Elijah told someone about her but before she can comment, she hears her sister's voice.

"Mer! Ugh, it's so good to see you, you have no idea the day I had yesterday," she exclaims, taking the seat next to her with Vivianne taking the stool on Jessica's other side.

"What happened?" Meredith takes the bait and Jessica grins.

"Well, Caroline decided to take my advice and say screw Tyler and went to the bonfire to chat up this cute guy named Jesse, I told off a professor, who is part of Augustine so he should be happy I only told him off instead of telling Damon that Augustine is still a thing. We found Amara, got Bonnie back, found Kat, lost her to her daughter, much to Day's dismay, broke things off with Damon, oh and I forgot to tell you, Jeremy got into a fight."

"Did he win?" Vivianne questions and Meredith scowls at her.

"Vivi, you can't ask that. It doesn't matter, he shouldn't be fighting," Meredith scolds while Jessica chuckles.

"Yes, he did win. That's what I asked and then Damon told me that I suck at reprimanding anyone that isn't him and Nik before yelling at Jeremy," Jessica answers before turning to Cami while Meredith shakes her head at her twin's antics. "Well, hello once again Camille," she smiles before frowning. "No offense but that names a bit of a mouthful so I'm going to call you Cami, kay?"

Meredith sighs while Cami laughs. "That's what I tell most people to call me anyway. I've been meaning to change this because guys keep trying to flirt with me in French," she confides and Jessica laughs.

"Oh, you should never go to Europe then. I spent a few months there a couple years back and I couldn't go two steps without having some guy, and a few girls, trying to flirt with me in some different language. It might not have been so bad if my friend, Nik, hadn't mimicked them perfectly in whatever language they were talking in and I'd naturally retort in the same language and then the people would know that I spoke the language," she laughs, remembering her fun times with Niklaus but then she sees him with Hayley in his room and her smile falls from her face. She takes a breath and shakes her head to clear the memories.

"Well, can I get you anything?" Cami offers before saying what had been on her mind when she saw Jess and Vivi walk in. "Also, I thought you said you guys were twins," she prompts Meredith, who looks at her confused while Jessica answers.