Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters

3rd Person P.O.V.

After coming home the morning after the wedding to find Jessica sleeping in his bed, Klaus had been suspicious of her. She wouldn't tell him why she couldn't sleep at her dorm and had been avoiding his calls ever since, which was very inconvenient when the witches tried to take Rebekah and he found out that his long lost sister Freya enlisted Mikael to find a way to kill his Aunt Dahlia before she came for Hope. He called once more, this time leaving a message about how Elijah invited Freya to the compound and that he could use her support, as he doesn't trust her.

He is sitting in the dining room when Freya arrives. She begins spinning stories of her hate for Dahlia but Klaus can't quell his suspicions. After all, she's spent a thousand years with the woman and even if his siblings annoy him or even if they hate him, they would never try to kill each other. "You've spent a thousand years with her and you expect us to believe that you just want to kill her?" Klaus scoffs.

"It's my only way to be free," she answers calmly.

"What are her weaknesses?" Elijah questions.

"She's paranoid. Obsessed with power. She hungers constantly for what's been denied her, be it love, or revenge."

"Wow, I'm sure she and Nik would get along splendidly," a familiar, yet slurred, voice comes from the entrance, and the trio turns towards it as Jessica walks in. She turns to look out Klaus and lets out a small hiccup before blinking overexaggeratedly. "Got your message but if you intend for me to do some witchy woo-hoo I'm afraid I'm out of commission."

"What do you mean? Are you alright?" Klaus queries, his voice giving away his concern, shocking Freya, who didn't expect it.

"Fine," Jessica lies before shaking her head as though to clear it. "Most of my powers are just a bit blocked. The only ones that I have are my mind powers and they are going haywire. But for now, I'm enjoying the ability to get drunk easily," she says blissfully.

"Well, I'm sure your mind powers can come in handy."

"With what? Determining Freya's intentions because you don't trust her?"

"Stay out of my mind," he growls but she grins drunkenly.

"It's okay, you always were paranoid. As for Freya, she's telling the truth. Dahlia will come for Hope, it's why Esther tried to have her killed because Dahlia told Esther that she would kill anyone who got in her way of taking what's hers."

"And how is my daughter hers?"

Freya eyes Jessica as she answers. "Our mother made a deal with her sister so she could have a child that Dahlia could have the firstborn of every line."

"Why?" Elijah questions.

"Because the firstborn witch of any line is powerful and Esther's magic is already powerful so add being a firstborn and every witch from the Mikaelson line that is the eldest will make a powerful arsenal to add to her own power," Jessica shrugs as though it is obvious.

Freya glares at Jessica, realizing that she already knew all this. "You already knew about the curse, didn't you? Why didn't you tell them?" She demands before turning her glare to Klaus. "Maybe it's her you shouldn't trust."

Klaus immediately gets defensive and angry, while the accusation seems to sober Jessica up as she slams Freya against the table, holding a knife that she picked up from the table to her neck. "Let's get one thing straight, Freya. You are only out because I allowed Kol to place Rebekah in that nuthouse so she could free you on account that you loathe Dahlia more than Esther, which is saying a lot. But I may not have vampire or werewolf strength or my magic but I can kill you and when you come back, I will kill you again, do you understand?"