Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans

3rd Person P.O.V.

When Mikael came to Davina with an offer to kill Klaus if she brought him back, she was reluctant. Sure, Marcel said that Klaus was the bad guy, but Jessica saw a different side and even if he had poisoned her and Tim, he also made sure that they survived. When he was around Jessica, he was a good person, or at least as good as he could be, and even now that she was dead, he was still doing things to help the people Jessica helped. But after she did a spell to stop Marcel from being tracked and Klaus had bitten Josh to find Marcel's location and then refused to heal him until he was done, she made up her mind. She was going to do it.

Klaus and Elijah, thanks to the information Klaus got from Davina, tracked Jackson to a warehouse rigged with explosives. They got him out but Marcel had taken the stones needed for the rings but Klaus had a backup plan. "You've got to be kidding me, Klaus!" Vivianne scolds. "I told you that you can't trust Francesca Correa, there is something off about her. Why don't you ever listen to me?"

Klaus ignores the pain and the flashes of the same girl he had seen the day Mikael went after Hayley, who he determined must be this Jessica that Hayley saw, who was complaining that nobody listened to her as Vivianne had. "Well, she happens to be the only person who can get these stones, unless your little friends on the Otherside can get us some?" He snarks and Meredith scoffs.

"You do realize that Kol is on the Otherside, right?"

Klaus chuckles. "Yes but I don't see him offering his help."

"That's because he's becoming a sellout," Jessica sneers, appearing next to Klaus, not that he can see. She looks to Vivianne and sighs. "I know where you can get some stones."

"Really?" She gasps and Klaus looks at her.

"What?" He demands and she smirks.

"One of my 'little friends' from purgatory has some stashed at a mansion back in Mystic Falls and she has a spell that allows me to transport from here directly there and back, meaning no chance of Marcel accosting me." Klaus grumbles out an affirmative and Vivianne disappears to Jessica's mansion and gets in her safe while Klaus calls the Correas, just in case. Vivianne discovers that she can't use magic in Mystic Falls so before heading to New Orleans, she speaks with Damon, who tells her about his suicide mission. She sighs but knows she needs to get the stones back.

As soon as she gets back, she goes to give Klaus the stones, only to find that the Correas had already provided him with some. She angrily pulls Meredith to the side and tells her about the situation in Mystic Falls, unaware just how dire things had gotten in purgatory.

"What are you planning, Jessica?" Alaric asks his stepdaughter, worried.

"I have to help in New Orleans. You head to Mystic Falls and make sure that you make it through to the land of the living. I'll meet you there," she lies, managing to convince Alaric and Stefan, who disappear, but not Enzo, who's been watching her interact in the past few days.

"You're lying. You know that you won't make it there in time," he says, watching the beautiful girl in confusion. "Why are you so hell-bent on helping the man that killed you?"

She smiles at him sadly. "Because even if he doesn't remember me, I still love him, and I can't lose him. I won't. As for the baby, I need to protect her for a different reason, it's like I'm drawn to her, I can't let her get hurt." Enzo studies her.

"How old are you?" He questions.

"19." Enzo looks at the girl in awe. So young yet so willing to risk Hell to save people who don't seem to give a damn about her.

"You're a very brave girl. I hope someday they realize what they are missing out on," he says before kissing her cheek softly. "I hope you find a way to escape Hell," he tells her sincerely before disappearing. Jessica touches the cheek that he kissed with a smile before shaking it off and beginning the spell that will allow her to exist on the other side of the veil until purgatory falls apart.