Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes

3rd Person P.O.V.

Two weeks after Thanksgiving, Hayley and Jackson were ready to have their wedding. For two days people had been in and out of the compound getting it ready for the ceremony. But while Klaus and Elijah were preparing for Hayley to unite the wolves, Finn went searching for Hope and tried to use Kol to do it.

As a result, he went to Klaus saying that Finn wanted his blood, only to find out that Finn had hexed Kol and knew that Jessica had Hope. Luckily for them, Jessica, true to her word, could protect Hope, and even with Finn linking himself to Mikael, she managed to overpower him and break their link. She was quick to report that she had stopped Finn but Kol made sure that his brothers told her nothing of his hex.

In fact, Jessica would've remained in the dark had Rebekah, who had escaped the witch looney bin to report she had met their older sister Freya, not told her, knowing that Jessica could do something about the hex.

This is how Elijah finds himself staring from the balcony as guests file in for the wedding when he feels Klaus's presence next to him. He turns to his brother and notices that his eyes were scanning the crowd, looking for Jessica no doubt. She had brought Hope to the compound this morning and told Jackson she would be at the wedding. Elijah couldn't help but find humor in their situation.

"Aren't we a perfect pair? You've cheated on and killed your girlfriend yet she forgives you, so you break up with her and I'm here at Hayley's wedding where Meredith won't even show up in fear that she might have to talk to me."

Klaus scrutinized his brother before looking back into the crowd. "Our situations are different brother, I broke up with Jessica because I didn't want her to get hurt on my account out of fear of losing her again. You cheated on your girlfriend who would've broken up with you an hour later, giving you the freedom to do what you wanted, had you waited."

Elijah looks at his brother in surprise, as far as he knew, the only people that knew were Jessica and whoever she had told, which he doubted included Klaus.

Klaus sees his look and clarifies. "I went to go back inside when I heard the two of you and decided not to subject my child to that."

Elijah goes to respond, wanting to defend himself but not knowing how, when the ceremony begins. Klaus watches Elijah as he watches Hayley. Both brothers expect Elijah to feel sadness over losing Hayley but he doesn't, making him realize that he needed to make things right with Meredith.

As Hope makes her debut with the wolves after the wedding, Jessica and Rebekah are running around the Quarter looking for a hexed Kol, who had left while Rebekah went to find Jessica. They are about to call Klaus when Caroline calls Jessica saying that Davina had found Kol and called her. Jessica rushes to the Claire tomb while Rebekah rushes to the compound to procure her brothers. When they arrive at the tomb, they find Jessica sitting behind Kol, supporting him while he tells her and Davina goodbye.

His siblings begin to say goodbye and Rebekah begins to cry. "Why didn't you tell Jessica sooner, you wanker," she scolds. "She could've saved you."

"Actually, I think I still can," Jessica speaks up and everyone looks at her. She looks at Care guiltily and continues while holding eye contact. "If I had more time, I could siphon the spell and place it in something else but from the time that I found Kol, we were out of time. Siphoning speeds up the hex and if it were something like what happened to Sean and Kieran, I could fight it while I placed it into something else, but this is a hex to kill," she explains and Caroline suddenly understands while everyone looks confused.

"You want to take the hex knowing it will kill you?" She scoffs. "No, you can't."

"Caroline," Jessica begins, but Caroline won't listen and begins to cry.