Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother

3rd Person P.O.V.

Everyone sits on various pieces of furniture in the courtyard of the compound as they try to comprehend what Cami has just told them. Jessica is the first to recover, not about his plan because she had guessed his moves to a tee, minus the whole almost killing Meredith part, but she needed to tamper down the jealousy that Klaus had told his plan to Cami and not her. She finally shakes off the silly thoughts and speaks.

"So Klaus isn't working for Dahlia, as I said, and is planning to convince her to link herself to him while she waits for Hope to become old enough and as soon as the spell is complete, he plans to dagger himself taking Dahlia down with him."

"That's what he said, yes," Cami affirms and Jessica smiles, happy that she knew Nik so well, but Meredith is still confused.

"Right, we get his plan, but you said that you knew how I came back." Cami frowns.

"Well, he didn't say exactly how he did it but he said that you would come back and that Jessica would understand how."

"But she doesn't," Meredith claims and Jessica frowns while she tries to understand what Cami is talking about, when it hits her.

"Actually I do," she says, a bright smile forming on her face as she turns to everyone in the group, including Alaric, who had arrived in a very confused state upon seeing a living Meredith after being told she was dead. "When I gave Kol his magic back, it was because I was able to infuse it into his ashes before I resurrected his body and since I couldn't kill Nik to do the same, I gave him a ring infused with my magic instead."

"That's great and all but it took me weeks just to understand the basics of the magic you use. How would Nik be able to do a spell this powerful without any practice?" Kol demands, jealous that his brother is better than him at magic. Magic was meant to be Kol's forte and here is Nik stealing his thunder, yet again. He loves his brother, adores him, even though he'd never admit it aloud, but Klaus had already robbed him of a chance to be with Jessica and he hates that he's better than him at magic.

Jessica gives him a playful look as though she is reading his mind and if he didn't know how much she hated doing that, he might suspect that she was doing just that. "When you were human, Nik was jealous of your ability to do magic because he could feel it but couldn't use it, so I took it upon myself to teach him. He never had the opportunity to learn spirit magic so he grasped it a lot faster, not to mention that he had more time. As for the spell he used, he knew that it would work because he had already used it before."

"What do you mean? When did Nik ever resurrect someone and who?" Rebekah questions.

"Me," Jessica answers. "When Mikael killed me after I took the blame for what happened to Henrik after he tried to kill Klaus, Mikael drove a sword through my heart. I may have been born in this timeline but if I die in the past, like really die, I stay dead. When Mikael killed me, I would've stayed dead but Klaus used the magic I had taught him to bring me back. That's how he knew that the spell would work on Meredith."

"Great, I'm glad we've got that all cleared up but we need to get to the bayou, Klaus has to have been there by now and something is wrong, I can feel it," Aiden insists and Jessica's face twists in sympathy.

"He already got to the wolves. He used the bond Hayley created in the unification ceremony so all he had to do was curse her and all the other wolves would follow."

"Why didn't it affect me?" Aiden asks in shock and Vivianne smiles at him.

"Because Jessica slipped a moonlight ring she made onto your finger because she was worried you might not be apart of the unification since you died. You are, but thanks to that ring, the curse won't affect you unless you take it off."