Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee

3rd Person P.O.V.

A few days after the death of Kieran and Enzo, the Otherside is completely falling apart. Enzo was able to make physical contact with the living and almost killed Elena. The witches can feel the magic used to create purgatory failing and the witches of New Orleans decided to use it to their own advantage. Which is why, as Hayley leaves Francesca Correa, Monique Deveroux spells her in hopes that someone in purgatory will kill the baby before they have to, as she worries that Genevieve won't have the guts.

Meanwhile, after dealing with the Irish wake Kieran had wanted and dealing with Francesca, who wanted some key that she claimed belonged to her that Cami had never heard of, Cami sits in Rousseau's drinking when Marcel, who Klaus had given a free pass for the funeral, walks in. He joins her while she drinks and ensures that nobody opens her Uncle's casket to find his body grey and veiny since he'd died a vampire. They sit in silence for a while before Cami breaks it. "So, Klaus gives you twenty-four hours in the Quarter, and you're spending it coffin-sitting with me? No preparations for war, no chess pieces to move?"

Marcel chuckles. "We're honoring Kieran. Even us bad guys can take the night off."

"Maybe you can. Not all the humans are on their best behavior. This Francesca person cornered me earlier, asking for some key."

"Did you give it to her?" He questions, wondering if Jessica had given it to Cami, who shakes her head.

"No, I don't have it. Wait, how did you know what key I was talking about?"

Marcel sighs. "Kieran had a key that led to a weapon against the supernatural. He always wore it around his neck. I sent Josh to get it so you wouldn't have to deal with it," he begins but she interrupts.

"That's not your call to make, Marcel."

"Doesn't matter. He came back and said Kieran didn't have it on him. Then the lovely Ms. Vivianne Lescheres came to visit, informing me that she talked to Jessica, who Kieran gave the key to after Sean died, and refused to take it back. Apparently, Jessica hid it and doesn't plan to tell anyone but I think that might have something to do with the fact that Genevieve erased Jessica from Klaus' memory and now Jessica's a bit pissed."

"What do you mean erased her?"

"Hayley told me that to Klaus, Jessica never existed. No one can mention her or it will affect his soul in a negative way. The more she's mentioned, the faster all the good that she's created in his heart will fade and he'll become a monster."

"That must've been why he seemed different yesterday and earlier today. It was like something was missing."

"Yeah, well you have to admit, he deserves it after everything he's done."

Cami looks at him in shock, unable to believe that he would say that. Sure Klaus had done some bad things, but he had done a lot of good, even if it was only for Jessica's sake. "It's not like you're any better, Marcel," she scoffs, not completely sure why she's defending Klaus.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He questions, offended.

"It means that Klaus may have done some messed up things but so have you. You compelled people to slit their wrists to try and get the vampires to lose control at the Feast of Blessings. Your hands aren't clean Marcel so who are you to judge somebody else? You tried to get Josh to steal from my sick and dying uncle." Marcel stares at the angry blonde, looking for a way to defend himself but before he gets the chance, she removes the feet she had placed on his lap and glares at him. "Leave, I'd rather be alone." He looks at her for a couple seconds before he nods and grabs his coat, giving her one last glance before leaving.