Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks

Jessica's P.O.V.

Nik and I were awakened by Hayley's shouting. We both rush downstairs to have her tell us that Dahlia had possessed Jackson and I curse myself for being inebriated when I saw Freya's life as it's impairing my memory. We quickly call Freya, who creates a mixture that ensures that Dahlia can't possess any of us but then she mentions her link to Dahlia and Klaus immediately becomes paranoid, which makes me smile as a plan comes to me.

I quickly interrupt their fight as I put up a blocking spell so that Dahlia won't be able to see or hear us. "I have an idea," I share and everyone looks at me expectantly. "Nik, you're paranoid." He goes to speak but I stop him. "Don't deny it, everyone knows that it's true and we can use it to our advantage. She'll expect you to reject Freya once you learn about the link and your loyal siblings will follow in your footsteps. She believes that Freya is like her and in her anger, she would do what she could to get revenge as she did to Esther."

"What do you mean 'as she did with Esther'?" Rebekah questions and I shrug.

"Why do you think that she made Esther agree to the firstborn of every generation? She was angry that Esther abandoned her to marry Mikael. We can use this, make Dahlia think that you've cast Freya out and as a result, she's prepared to hand over Hope."

"We will not use my daughter as bait," Klaus denies and I groan.

"We aren't, you idiot, now listen and don't interrupt unless it's important," I snarl and hear chuckles from everyone but Klaus as I continue. "Dahlia is drawn to not only Hope's power but her connection. We can use Freya's blood to trick her and I can create an illusion making her believe that Hope is there using my bond to her. Dahlia will unlink herself from Freya to kill her before taking Hope's power so that some of Hope's power won't bleed into Freya's. As soon as they're unlinked, that's when we will attack." I look around and everyone agrees as I turn to Freya. "You said you have a weapon to kill her."

"I have the ingredients. Father is retrieving them now," she assures.

"You expect me to place the safety of my child in his hands?" Klaus rages and I grab his arm, feeling him relax against my touch.

"No. Find him and help with the ingredients retrieval. He hates Dahlia more than you for taking his beloved daughter away. If Freya tells him to, he'll listen." Klaus agrees and he and Freya contact Mikael before I remove the blocking spell while everyone makes it seems as though they are fighting over whether or not to trust Freya. Rebekah is the final straw, she apologizes saying that the link means that Dahlia may be able to use her, and Freya finally leaves.

As soon as she is gone, everyone begins getting ready to kill Dahlia. As Rebekah helps me to set up the trap while Kol tries to control the magic I've given him, Elijah took Hayley, Hope, and Jackson to a jazz club that the leader of the witches, Josephine, spelled to keep magic out. I get a message from Klaus saying that Davina is helping him and Mikael and I tell Kol, who chuckles until I get another text from Josh saying that he and Aiden need to talk to me.

I immediately leave, knowing that all the trap needs is Freya and meet them at Rousseau's. The moment I step inside, Josh vamp speeds me to the alley. "Look, I'm only telling you this because we are friends and I know you can control the outcome of this," Josh confides and I look at him confused.

"Just tell me, Josh."

"Jackson plans to take Hayley and Hope out of town," Aiden confesses and I gasp.

"And not tell Klaus? He'll go after them, he'll make a deal with Dahlia to take them down. How could Jack be so damn stupid?" I growl and Aiden shakes his head.