Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge

3rd Person P.O.V.

Niklaus Mikaleson was happy for the first time in a while. He had his city back in his control, Marcel was alive, he was getting along with his siblings, but most importantly, he finally had Jessica and this time, he wasn't going to screw it up. Or so he thought until, while Jessica was off at college, an earthquake shook the compound and Davina began throwing up dirt. The Mikaelson siblings, along with Meredith and Marcel, wait in the study for Vivianne, who enters a few moments later with a distressed look on her face.

"What's wrong with her?" Marcel asks, desperate, and Vivianne sighs.

"She has too much power. The harvest is meant to flow through each girl before going back into the earth-"

"There has to be another way," he insists and she rolls her eyes, angry that he cut her off.

"Look, Marcel, as far as I know, there is only one person who has survived an incomplete harvest and that was Jessica in one of her stints in the past."

"How did she do it?" Elijah prompt and Vivianne focuses on him, deciding that he is easier to deal with.

"She learned to control the power before it took control of her, something Davina wasn't able to do since somebody kept her in an attic instead of finding a witch to help teach her," she sneers at Marcel until Meredith chimes in, trying to keep the peace like her boyfriend.

"What if we take some of the power away? You said this is happening because she has too much right? So what if we take some out," she suggests and everyone nods until Vivianne shuts it down.

"The only way to get the power out is if Davina relinquishes it and she'd have to give it all up and she could've done that to wait out the harvest but now the reaping is too close so she doesn't have the power to get rid of it. If we had a siphon they could take the power and transfer it to something else but I don't know any and that girl in there doesn't have a lot of time before she dies and takes the city with her."

"What do you suggest then, love?" Klaus questions and she grimaces.

"We have to complete the harvest." Marcel instantly begins to refuse but she cuts him off. "Look, I was a harvest girl, it will work. Davina will come back," she promises but Rebekah speaks.

"Jessica told Caroline and me about the harvest once. I never put together how she knew so much but she told us that the problem with them isn't just that they are unnatural, it's that they are unreliable. She said the power can be hijacked and it wasn't worth it." Vivianne nods.

"She's right, if someone is powerful enough to take the power they can but eventually, the witches resurrected will die and the harvest girls will rise. Listen, I don't want to sacrifice that sweet 16-year-old girl in there but she's going to die anyway and she will take New Orleans with her because Marcel chose to treat her like a weapon instead of a human and it probably doesn't help that you poisoned her Klaus," she snarls before storming out of the room to check on Davina once again.

"What are we going to do?" Elijah asks and Meredith sighs.

"We need to call Jessica, she needs to know."

"No," Klaus denies and everyone looks to him, unaware that Marcel had left the room to take Davina away.

"What are you talking about?" Rebekah looks at him like he's insane.

"I mean that Jessica loves that girl in there and it's better to tell her after she has been resurrected instead of before when she has time to feel upset," he explains and they all begin to argue, not knowing how long until Vivianne runs in saying that Marcel knocked her out and took Davina. They all run around the city looking for Davina, completely forgetting that Jessica doesn't know.