Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death

3rd Person P.O.V.

After Genevieve left Klaus unconscious, Vivianne grabbed him and took him back to the compound where a very bloody and angry Elijah waited. "Look whatever you plan to yell at him for, forget it, we have a bigger problem," she scolds and Elijah finally realizes that she's dragging Klaus behind her. With a concerned expression, he picks up his little brother and takes him to his room. He lays him on the bed gently before looking to Vivianne, seeing his girlfriend enter the room as well.

"What happened?" He grits out and she sighs, turning to look at the only person that she truly loves, knowing what she is about to say will destroy her.

"I'll tell you, but first, I have to tell you about why Jessica really died." The couple looks at her confused as she begins. She tells them that it was planned by Jessica, Klaus and Caroline, Klaus' guilt, what he asked of Genevieve, and why she obeyed.

"So what does this mean for him?" Meredith asks, upset that she hadn't listened to what Jessica had tried to tell her.

"It means that he's going to wake up and he won't remember her at all. To him, Jessica never existed."

"How will it affect my brother, Vivianne?" Elijah demands and she gives him a sympathetic look.

"He'll feel empty. Jessica wasn't just a part of his life, she was the love of it. She was a part of his soul and he'll ache to get that back any way he can. Everything he's been doing is for Jessica but his mind will fill in gaps. He was jealous when you guys were human because you, as well as the rest of your siblings, were in love with her and he thought you would take her away. His mind will change it to just jealousy of you for Tatia. Things like that."

"What can we do to give him his memory back?" She looks at him sadly.

"We can't." The couple looks at her in shock. "The spell is too powerful. The only way to help is to siphon it or have a witch more powerful than the New Orleans coven take it off. The only person that would have a chance is Jessica. As for Klaus, every time Jessica is mentioned, it will chip away at his soul, meaning that from this point forward, Jessica Gilbert or Jessica Carter, they never existed. We can't let him know that she did. The only doppelgängers that exist are Meredith and me."

Meredith's eyes begin to water but before anyone can speak, Jessica appears to the doppelgängers with a frown. "Well, as much as I'd like to be upset that you are planning to erase my existence, we have a bigger problem," she tells them.

"What could be worse than having to pretend you never existed," Meredith sobs and Jessica smiles sadly.

"The travelers committed mass suicide to overwhelm Bonnie and save their leader Markos. Bonnie is slowly dying, even if she doesn't know it, and I can't tell her because she can't see me, Alaric, or Kol thanks to some spell. Purgatory will begin to fade and everyone here that can't find peace will find hell," she explains, shocking them. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you should know. The people here will fight and as it disintegrates, some of them will find the will to interact and the Mikaelsons have plenty of enemies. Be safe and protect the baby." They nod and she disappears as they relay the new to Elijah. As soon as they finish, Klaus gasps awake.

They tell him that Genevieve did a spell to make him pass out after he killed one of her men. He gets a text from Cami about her uncle and leaves, saying he has to help her. From the desperation in his voice, Vivianne realizes that he's channeled his affections into Cami, believing that he's falling for her. She doesn't share her findings, instead she announces her intentions to head to the bayou and Elijah and Meredith agree to go with her to check on Hayley now that Elijah knows of Klaus' intention to give the wolves moonlight rings.