Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)

A/N: So the way things play out in my book versus season 2 of TO and season 6 of TVD are obviously going to be different but I want to clear some things up to avoid confusion. First off, in my book Jo knows who Liv and Luke are and she knows that they are at Whittmore. She isn't close to them but doesn't want them to have to do the merge. Jo lives and works in New Orleans and that's where she meets Ric. Also, everyone will be getting out of the prison world faster than in the show and this takes place in the episode where Ric meets Jo so sorry if you were looking forward to reading about that. Hayley and Jack are going to decide to get married sooner and Hope will also come into the story sooner. This also takes place during Every Mother's Son so I'll be skipping that episode as well. If you have any questions, feel free to comment them and I'll answer them so long as there are no spoilers.~J😘😍

Jessica's P.O.V.

I come downstairs after my shower to find that Kai is awake. He's successfully managed to piss off both Damon and Bonnie so they have united in their hatred for him, which means they aren't fighting, which is good for me. "Great, everyone's getting along!" I say with fake enthusiasm, not really sure why I'm putting on the act.

"Oh great, the pretty girl that killed me has arrived. Want to stake me again, gorgeous?" Malachai winks suggestively and I see Damon about to attack him so I hold up my hand.

"I don't think that I've heard gorgeous unaccompanied by a British accent in a while. Kind of disappointing," I sigh before getting down to business. "Look, we need the ascendant so we can get out. I know the spell and the ingredients and I intend to take you with me so you can do your little merge with your twin and take over the Gemini coven. I'm cool with it, so long as you don't kill anyone. But I can't do that without the ascendant," I say and I can tell that my irritation slips in and my persona falls, making Bonnie and Damon look at me in surprise while Malachai studies me.

"Well for starters, my name is Kai, please call me that. Second, there's something wrong with you and I'd like to know what before I agree to help." Damon goes to deny it but I growl.

"Must you be obstinate? I don't have to take you with me. I can look into your mind it's simply that I have recently begun to control that power and don't wish to slip, which I might since you've buried it in your subconscious to hide it from prying vampire eyes."

Damon scrutinizes me as does Bonnie, who gasps. "Oh my God. You split your soul," she says and I would be mad if that didn't mean that she was getting more of a grasp on her magic, something she will need to survive when we get back.

"She couldn't have. You'd have to be a very powerful witch to do that and it's never been done successfully," Kai states, and I snort.

"What do you think the merge is, you idiot?" He looks at me confused so I elaborate. "There was a spell placed on the Gemini's years ago to allow them to attain extra power, shitty but better than sacrifice in terms of nature I guess. When a Gemini is blessed with twins it's really just one baby that's been split into two souls. Since it happens in the womb they can be identical or fraternal twins. A soul split that happens out of the womb is more dangerous and generates carbon copies," I explain.

"So there's another you running around here?" Damon asks and I sigh.

"No, I split my soul the morning purgatory collapsed. I set it up so it would split when Davina did the spell to bring Mikael back."

"Why?" Kai asks as Bonnie and Damon both shout, "Mikael's back!"

"Yes but D's keeping him on a tight leash and he had to come back for my other half to. To answer Kai's question, I did it because nature had two tasks for me. I can't tell you what my task is but I can tell you what her's is."