Chapter 28- Links and Bonds

3rd Person P.O.V.

After spending the night at Alaric's apartment and crying herself to sleep, Jessica decided that she was done feeling sorry for herself; she had more important things to worry about. Which is how she found herself walking into the compound looking for Klaus. She finds him in the dining room having breakfast with a shackled Finn as well as Meredith, Elijah, and Kol.

"Well doesn't this look like fun," Jessica says sarcastically before looking at Klaus. "I need to talk to you and trust me, you're going to want to listen." He looks at her nervously but follows her, knowing that it'll get worse if he doesn't, and he has yet to tell his siblings that he's broken up with her yet.

She leads him into the kitchen and shuts the door before pulling out sage and casting a privacy spell. "That's a lot of protection, love. Are you planning to kill me?" He jokes, hoping to ease the tension but Jessica just frowns.

"No, I'm over the breakup, trust me. But I have a plan and I need to get it checked by you."

"Why?"

"Because it involves bringing Hope home." He goes to disagree, but she cuts him off. "Listen first, object later." He nods for her to continue so she does. "I had to split my soul to complete two tasks. One was to kill Esther but the part of me that saw her as a mother when I was a little girl in our village wanted to save her, but she had to agree to obey nature as Kai has done. She rejected that when she continued her crusade to end the vampire race. I was planning to kill her but decided that I would let you do the honors."

"What does this have to do with Hope?"

"You sent her away because you couldn't protect her, but I can. I promise that I won't let anything happen to that little girl. Plus, I came up with the perfect plot to ensure that Esther won't be a threat anymore but to do it, we need Rebekah."

"Why her?"

"Because Esther sees her as the easiest target. Rebekah has always wanted a family and that's what Esther plans to offer her."

"What's the plan exactly."

Jessica grins, knowing that she has his support, even if he doesn't realize it yet. "Rebekah comes back to the city and Kol takes her to Esther, pretending to be the good little soldier. Rebekah allows Esther to believe that she convinced her and toasts to it over a red wine that Kol will have slipped Rebekah's blood into. Esther does the ritual and you show up to kill her before she kills Rebekah, getting the white oak back, which Kol will need to bring since that was his task from Esther, and snap her neck. She'll wake up in transition and won't be strong enough to resist the turn at the sight of blood. Then you can kill her and she won't be with the ancestors thanks to her newly tainted blood and the lack of a purgatory."

Klaus stares at Jessica in awe of the plan that she had come up with and can't help but agree. He pokes some holes in Finn's coffin and places him in it before gathering Elijah and Meredith to leave, telling Kol and Marcel to watch over Finn.

He is about to go to the bayou when Hayley walks into the compound and he begins taking her to the car where Elijah and Meredith are waiting while she tells him her plan to marry Jackson to unite the wolves. Klaus grins, liking the idea while Jessica and Meredith can't help but notice the look of sadness that briefly crosses Elijah's face at the news.

After a few hours in the car, the group arrives at the house where Jessica had told Rebekah to meet them. Hayley and Meredith immediately get out of the car, running up to the baby, noticing as Vivianne walks out of the house. Elijah follows at a walking pace while Klaus stops a few steps from the SUV, noticing Jessica's hesitancy. "Aren't you going to say hello, love?"