Chapter 29- Friends-giving

A/N: So I know that in TVD Caroline finds out about her mom after Thanksgiving but for my book, she found out like a week before. ~J😘😍

Jessica's P.O.V.

It's been about a week since everybody's lives changed. After we found out about Liz, we went ahead with our plan to get rid of Esther and it worked. Everything turned out exactly how I said, and Kol put Rebekah in some witch named Eva or something, which ended up getting him locked in the compound with a bunch of hungry vamps and angry wolves before I took pity on him and siphoned Finn's spell.

Caroline is still not talking to Stefan and now we are both boycotting Enzo since he asked me out after he found out Nik broke up with me. We went on a date that was interrupted by Damon, who claimed that Enzo was just using me since Damon killed his crush Maggie after he got away from Augustine. After that, I told them both to screw themselves and decided that alcohol was a better way to get over Nik than getting under someone else.

Hayley's been planning the wedding with Jackson and they are almost through their marriage trials and I even think that a few other packs from around the country submitted to Jack as their alpha so they can be a part of the marriage blessing.

I also learned from looking into her mind that she slept with Elijah an hour before he and Mer broke up but I talked to Care and she said not to rub salt in the wound by telling Meredith since they were already broken up. Meanwhile, Elijah decided to just give up on him and Meredith and started training some new vampire Marcel turned named Gia. Needless to say, neither of them are invited to Friends-giving.

What's Friends-giving, I'm sure you're asking yourselves, and the answer is Thanksgiving that is hosted by Caroline where she chooses all the guests, except for plus-ones, and it mostly includes friends rather than family, although most of our family is dead so it's really just Thanksgiving.

Being as Thanksgiving is tomorrow, Caroline has decided to send out invites today, which is how I find myself walking into Marcel's loft with invites for him, Josh, and Aiden. As I get closer to the main room, I hear Enzo's voice. "I just don't get it. I mean, Jessica is obviously one of a kind, but I've met Meredith and she's amazing in a different way, yet you choose this Hayley person over her and then Gia over Hayley?"

"Didn't you use Jessica to get back at her ex?" Marcel points out and I see Enzo shrug as I enter.

"That was part of it, the other part is that she's absolutely gorgeous, a trait she shares with her twin, and one of a kind, something I'm sure her twin also shares," he responds and Elijah goes to speak, only to be cut off by me.

"I'd say thanks for the compliment but I loathe you," I tell Enzo. "Also Elijah didn't choose Hayley over Mer, Mer broke up with him and then Hayley chose Jack and her pack so Elijah defaulted to the only person left. No offense to Gia, Care says she's nice."

"Ah, the lovely Jessica, what can we do for you," Elijah tries to be civil but I simply glare.

"I come bearing invites for Friends-giving, which is tomorrow so if you have plans, I suggest you cancel. You get one plus one and Caroline will throw a tantrum if that plus one is Enzo, Elijah, or Stefan," I inform Marcel, handing him the invitations. "I gave you Josh and Aiden's as well because I don't wish to spend my time searching for them. Caroline is already pissed that Rebekah is missing and can't attend and Elena is bringing Liam for some unknown reason and she felt the need to invite Damon so it's already going to be a great time, try not to make it worse," I warn, before turning on my heels and leaving.

"You had a chance with her and you thought that revenge was the best way to go?" I hear Marcel ask, making me chuckle and stick my head back in the room.