Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?

Longer chapter. Sorry.~J😘😍

3rd Person P.O.V.

Jessica and Kol had just finished helping Davina, who was very happy to see Jessica alive, even though Jessica scolded her for bringing Mikael back and not her, when Jessica hears something. "Shh," she tells him, cutting off whatever he was talking about.

"Don't tell me to shush simply because you don't wish to answer my question. There's something off about you, darling, and I intend to find out what," he huffs and Jessica realizes that that must have been what he was saying while she zoned out.

"I had to split my soul. I'm different because I'm only one part of it. Now I'm going to investigate who's arrived," she informs him and he gapes at the news she had told him so nonchalantly. His response is cut off by a knock on the door that wakes up Davina. Kol discreetly looks out the window to see Klaus.

"Uh, Jess, didn't you say you sent Cami to distract Klaus?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well I don't think he values her opinion as much as you believed." He points at the door, which Jessica opens to reveal Klaus.

"Klaus," she groans. "What are you doing here?"

He grins widely as he steps up to the threshold. "You see, I was on my way to find Davina here with Cami when I got an interesting phone call informing me that your, what do you call it...fuckbuddy, from the prison world is headed here and you might be in danger." His grin takes on a dangerous glint while Jessica looks at him confused.

"Why would Damon hurt me. Didn't he get back with Elena? How would he even find me?"

"Damon? Why would I be talking about Damon?"

"Who else would you be talking about?" She questions as both parties stare at each other, confused, before a voice speaks up.

"Oh, I'm so glad I finally got here. Who decides to hang out in the middle of the woods? That just seems like it's no fun," Kai speaks, making Jessica roll her eyes as she realizes that must be who Klaus is talking about.

"You were talking about Malachai, weren't you?" Klaus ignores her and focuses on the new guest so Jessica turns to him as well with an irritated look. "How did you even find me? B.T.Dubs, stalking is illegal and frowned upon."

Kai laughs. "See this is why I love you so much, you're hilarious."

"You can't love me. We've spent like 12 hours together."

"Right, I forgot. You said you had a boyfriend right, the one that killed you."

Jessica is about to answer when Davina speaks up. "That's him," she says, motioning to Klaus, who Kai sizes up before turning to Jessica with a grin once again.

"Anyway, to answer your question, I broke out of the cell those two guys had me in and I was going to kill them when I remembered the blond calling the younger one Jeremy and thought the name sounded familiar so I asked his last name and when he said Gilbert I figured he was probably related to you and you'd be upset if I killed him."

Jessica refrains from rolling her eyes as she replies. "You were right. He's my brother and if you hurt him, I will kill you."

"I didn't. I was going to kill the blond one, though, but when I tried to do it I kept hearing this sound in my head and when I focused on it, I realized that it was your voice telling me not to kill anyone so I just knocked him out. Jeremy was at school, I think."

Jessica stares at him, wanting to comment, as he enters the house until Kol begins talking and antagonizing his brother, who gets angry and tries to get in, remembering why he was looking for Davina to begin with. He throws a big branch in and it knocks Davina out. Jessica rushes outside to stop Klaus from doing further damage while Kai watches as Mikael makes Kol release him from Davina's hold. Once it's done, he grabs the white oak and goes after Klaus, who is arguing with Cami and Jessica about hurting Davina.