Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?

3rd Person P.O.V.

Hayley, Jackson, and the rest of the crescent pack traipse through the bayou when a heavy storm starts out of nowhere. Unknown to them, Dahlia and Klaus sit in the cemetery as Dahlia uses her magic to create a storm to stop them. Klaus thinks aloud of how he can punish Hayley for her sins, while hiding his true intentions from his wicked aunt. No matter what, he will protect his daughter.

Meanwhile, the Mikaelson siblings set up Jessica's plan to lure Dahlia, realizing that they don't need Jessica's connection with Hope. As they place the finishing touches on it, Freya attempts to make contact with Dahlia, looking at the dagger they had made, not realizing that she had gotten one ingredient wrong, for she was not the witch who broke Dahlia's heart.

While the two sides plot against each other, Jessica, Caroline, Josh, Vivianne, Marcel, and Aiden are still at Aiden's apartment while they attempt to use Jessica's knowledge of Klaus to deduce his game plan. "What kinda revenge we talking about here, Jess?" Marcel asks, worried.

"Well, it's Klaus and he believes in an eye for an eye. Everyone will get a punishment that he believes fits the crime."

"What does that mean exactly?" Josh questions, fear tangible in his tone.

"It means that everyone will suffer badly because he feels hurt. Hayley will get it the worst for trying to take Hope."

Marcel and Vivianne share a look before Vivianne walks over to her doppelgänger and sits down, placing a comforting hand on her arm. "If you were Klaus, what would you do? Focus Jessica."

Jessica seems to get lost in her thoughts as she begins to speak in a monotone voice as though compelled, but Marcel and Vivianne know better. She is detaching herself from reality to place herself in his shoes, they only hope it will work. "I would take Hope away from Hayley as she had done to me. But it isn't enough to leave with her and Dahlia, if I did that she could still come after us and with the other Mikaelsons and the crescents, they might win, so you have to take all the pieces separately and the best way to take out the pack is with a curse that has already been placed on them and simply adding Hayley in and modifying it to work on a hybrid."

Marcel and Aiden share a petrified look as they stand up. "We have to get to the pack and warn them, now," Aiden insists as Jessica snaps back to reality after having a dreadful realization.

"No, we can't."

"Why not?"

"Because the pack may be an easy target but not with Elijah and Hayley in contact. If Dahlia and Nik have to go through all his siblings the pack would get away-"

"So he's going to go after them first," Marcel finishes. "We have to go there, I can't lose Rebekah and right now she's vulnerable." He tries to rush out but Jessica stops him, sending him a reassuring smile.

"She'll be fine, she might end up with a dagger in her heart but I put her back in her original body. She's safe."

He nods before calming down and turning back to everyone else. "Okay, but we still need to get there, we might be able to stop Klaus and Dahlia there." Everybody agrees and heads out, trying to get to the compound before Klaus and Dahlia, not realizing that they are already too late.

At the compound, the Mikaelson's plan had failed epically because they were missing a vital ingredient. They prepared themselves for a fight when Klaus walked into the room, only he wasn't alone. The Mikaelsons all look to Elijah before facing Klaus who has a trembling Meredith in his grasp. "Elijah, she did something to my magic, I can't do anything," she informs him in a brave voice, despite her obvious fear.