Chapter 40- The Aftermath

3rd Person P.O.V.

The day after the big battle with Dahlia, everyone is going back to their normal lives. Rebekah asked Jessica to find a way to allow her to be a witch like Kol before leaving with Marcel after the two decided to give each other another chance. Marcel was upfront with her and told her that he had been sleeping with Cami but it had stopped a while ago as well as indulging in the fact that he had slept with Jessica a couple of times to which Rebekah smiled and revealed that she had as well.

They went back to Marcel's loft for him to try and convince her to help him in his quest to rebuild the vampire population in New Orleans. After a talk with Caroline, she agreed, wanting to spend more time with her blonde best friend as well as her new/old boyfriend.

Elijah and Meredith got to talking and after seeing her lying dead in front of him, Elijah didn't want to live a second longer without her in his life. When he begged her to take him back, saying that he felt nothing for Hayley, Meredith couldn't help but agree, she loved him after all. Jessica, however, wasn't very happy and made it a point to tell Elijah that if he didn't tell Meredith about his cheating then she would. Elijah, knowing when a battle is lost, agreed to her terms and began to contemplate how best to tell her without losing the woman he loved more than anything.

Meanwhile, without the adrenaline from the battle flowing through her bones any longer, Jessica's jealousy got the best of her and the morning after the battle she confronted Klaus. "Look, I know that this is petty and jealous but I just, I need to know why you told Cami but you didn't tell me. I was there at the end, attacking me would've convinced Dahlia far more than attacking Cami, so why her and not me?"

Klaus studies his girlfriend with intrigue. He had never truly seen Jessica be jealous before. Even when her sister was stealing Damon right from under her nose, she didn't show an ounce of jealousy or when she caught him in bed with Hayley. She was angry, but she was never jealous and he had to admit, he kind of enjoyed the look on her because he felt the same emotion every time she was with Damon. He knows that she still loves Damon, she will probably never stop, just like she will never stop loving him but he also knows that that means that as soon as something goes wrong between himself and Jessica, Damon will be there to scoop her up, especially now that he is no longer with Elena.

He shakes off his thoughts and smiles at the beautiful brunette looking at him with eyes filled with love and slight worry. "You have no cause for concern, love. I only love you. Cami is nothing more than a therapist that helps me figure out how to fix things when I mess up with you. I value her opinion only because she tends to lead me back to you and I attacked her and not you because I knew that if Dahlia saw me get anywhere near you, she would know that I still loved you with everything in me. You never lost faith in me and I could see it in your eyes as soon as you looked at me and I couldn't allow her to see it as well. Cami was easier, she believed that I killed Aiden so my anger against her would be believable."

Jessica thinks his words over before grinning brightly. "I almost lost faith when I saw Meredith dead and Elijah said you had done it, but once I got back into my right mind I realized that you would never hurt me like that." She kisses him deeply and Klaus places his hand on her lower back pulling her closer. Just as the kiss begins to become heated and head in a direction Klaus desperately wants it to go, Jessica pulls back. "As much as I would love to continue this, I have plans."

"What plans?" He asks before kissing down her jaw to her neck, hoping that she'll cancel the aforementioned plans. Instead, she pulls away again and takes a couple of paces back to allow space between them.

"Caroline wants to go get coffee and then I need to talk to Kai while I check up on Jo. Oh and tonight I want to head out to the bayou to make sure that the Crescents stay human after the moon passes its apex."