Chapter 10- Runaway Witch

Jessica's P.O.V.

I was enjoying a very peaceful sleep when it was interrupted by a call from Josh. "Ugh, please tell me that you are calling to ask about my road trip," I whine. "I don't want to deal with supernatural stuff today. Can't I just be a college student?"

He chuckles, but I can tell he doesn't really mean it. "Sorry Jessica, but it's Davina." That gets my attention and I'm immediately awake.

"What happened? Is she okay?" I demand.

"Marcel has been lying to me, Jessica," she says and I let out the breath I was holding, glad that she is okay.

"God, D. I thought you died or something, don't have someone else call me like that," I chastise, trying to control my racing heart.

"I'm sorry, Jess. I lost the phone you got me and I ran away from the compound."

"Why? I thought you hated the attic, I figured you would be more than happy to get out now that Anges was dead. Before Marcel decided to declare war I was going to ask if I could take you out to pick out decorations for your room," I tell her confused and I hear her sniffle.

"That's the thing, I didn't know that Agnes was dead until Vivianne told me yesterday. Marcel has been lying to me so that he could use me against the witches. I needed help getting out of town so I went to Cami and I freed her of Klaus' compulsion but I figured that if anyone was going to get me out of town unnoticed, it would be you."

"Okay," I sigh. "What's Cami's address?" She tells me and I get up and hurry out. I arrive around 20 minutes later and walk right in, hugging Davina as soon as I see her. "I'm sorry, D, I knew that he lost himself in his quest for power but I never thought it would extend to you." She smiles and nods with unshed tears in her eyes as I turn to Cami. "And I'm sorry that Nik was compelling you, I told him and Marcel to leave you out of all this, Niklaus just doesn't like orders."

"It's okay," she promises before looking at me nervously. "He told me that you knew Sean, well indirectly. He said he cared for someone who knew him and said your name but then he was confessing his love for you to me and I put the pieces together."

"Yeah, he tends to do that."

"What?"

"Confess his love for me whenever he gets the chance. He tends to screw everything up first before he makes it to that point."

"What did he do?" She asks as though she doesn't really want the answer.

"Cheated on her and got another girl pregnant," Davina reveals and I grin at her.

"So you do listen when I talk."

"I can also tell when there's a change in you so I'm guessing that you gave into Klaus."

I smirk. "Not fully, much to his dismay." She giggles while Josh looks confused before clearing his throat and bringing my attention back. "Right, we need to get you out of the city. Well according to my spies on the inside, they've noticed your absence and are looking for you. Vivianne did a spell to prevent locator spells from working and Meredith is serving to distract Elijah from the problem. Rebekah will want to join your side-"

"Why?" She cuts me off and I smile.

"Because after Klaus claimed the city, he welcomed Marcel into his ranks with open arms, and now that he's gone and forgiven Elijah, Rebekah is going to begin to feel left out, as always. She'll want to get you on her side, not to use you because she has no use, her methods are simply as a way to spite her brothers and her ex-lover. Meredith hates when people are used because she spent 17 years of her life trapped in another dimension because of some prophecy that they thought she would have to fulfill because I was supposed to die. I died and then came back and they let her out."