Chapter 7- Bloodletting

3rd Person P.O.V.

Marcel was hosting one of his fight nights when Klaus and Elijah interrupted it by temporarily killing the winning fighter. "Good evening! I'd like a word," Klaus grins up at him.

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel demands.

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give her to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you," Elijah answers and Marcel is about to make a snarky comment when fear overtakes his face.

"What girl?" He questions. "Please tell me that it isn't Hayley." The brothers look at each other confused.

"How do you know about her?" Elijah wonders and Marcel chuckles without amusement.

"You think that someone Jessica cares about gets someone pregnant and she wouldn't make arrangements of protection. As soon as those witches knew the paternity, so did Jessica and she told me and unlinked her from Sophie. I've been given strict orders that have been relayed to my vamps to keep her safe. I visited her tonight, at the plantation house, but she was fine when I left," he explains before telling all his vampires to leave and taking out his phone.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asks, still confused about Marcel's motives.

"I'm finding Hayley before something happens to that baby and Jessica kills us all." Marcel begins making calls to find the wolf, hoping that Jessica won't have to find out.

Meanwhile, Jessica wakes up to Meredith shaking her. "I need a favor," she tells her twin. Jessica looks at the clock before yawning.

"Why does this favor require me to wake up at 6 am?"

Meredith grins. "Because that guy Eric that asked me out only for Elijah to show up wanting to make amends is in my Econ class that begins at 7."

"What does any of this have to do with me?"

"Well, when I explained the situation he was super understanding and said that he just liked me because I was smart and sassy and beautiful and I thought, wow those are all things that Jessica is even better than me at."

Jessica opens her eyes and looks at her sister questioningly. "So you want me to meet the guy that you wouldn't even let me attend the frat party with you because you were worried he would fall for me."

Meredith smiles brightly. "Yup. Besides I didn't say you couldn't come, I said I would prefer it and you said you were busy and hate frat parties," she points out.

"I also hate frat brothers."

"Come on, Eric's really nice and you can go out with him and fall for him so you don't have to worry about Klaus anymore." Jessica rolls her eyes but gets up to get things ready for a shower.

"I'll go to your stupid Econ class but I won't promise to be nice." She leaves the room, going to take a shower while Meredith smiles, happy with her plan. 45 minutes later, Jessica is dressed in a nice outfit walking into the Econ lecture, knowing that she's going to hate it. "You know, I got out of Econ for a reason," she groans but Meredith ignores her seeing Eric.

"Oh look, there he is. Let me talk to him first." With that, she leaves Jessica taking the seat next to Eric. "Hey, Eric." Upon seeing the brunette, he smiles brightly, a sparkle in his brown eyes.

"Hey, Meredith. I was starting to think you might ditch me today after you left with the guy in the fancy suit last night. You're usually here before me."

Meredith giggles. "Actually, I was thinking about that this morning. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about all the things you said you liked about me and I realized that I learned them all from the same person. My twin sister Jessica, so I convinced her to come to the lecture today. Fair warning, she's tired and can be really mean but she means well, I think." Eric laughs while Meredith gets up and grabs Jessica, placing her in the seat next to Eric before going to talk to someone else she knows.