Chapter 26- Merging

Jessica's P.O.V.

It had been a week since Jo got her magic back and decided to prepare herself for the merge when I got a call from Tyler, who is apparently dating Jo's sister, Liv. He told me that Liv's father is in Mystic Falls trying to make her and Luke merge before Kai and Jo can. "Just hold them off. I don't care if you have to kidnap one of the twins, you can't let them merge."

"One step ahead of you," he promises before hanging up and I sigh, deciding to head over to Ric's apartment where they are practicing magic. Damon had finally decided to catch up with Ric now that Ric decided that Kai is officially not a threat and wanted to know why he was listening to me.

I get to the apartment in time to hear Damon's summary of events. "So Stefan gave up on ever finding us after like, 2 months, you all moved to New Orleans and left Mystic Falls to Matt Donvan, Jeremy Gilbert, and Tyler Lockwood, and Jessica decided that she can only date psychopaths. I think this time apart helped everyone."

"First of all, I am not, nor will I ever be, dating Kai, I only had sex with him but I also had sex with Rebekah, doesn't mean we were in a relationship," I point out bluntly, making Ric, Jo, Bonnie, Elena, and Damon look at me in shock.

Damon is the first to recover. "Doesn't count, that was a threesome," he tries and I shrug.

"I wouldn't count Malachai either. I only slept with him because he was a virgin and I wasn't completely sure that the Gemini coven would kill him as soon as they found out he was out. Not to mention that I just let him finish and then told him to gather supplies."

Damon scrutinizes me before nodding. "Fair point but that still brings your total of boyfriends to me and Klaus, who are both psychopaths," he points out and I grin.

"Not when I met you," I taunt before my smile falls as I remember why I came. "Oh, bad news. Apparently Jo's father is in Mystic Falls trying to get Liv and Luke to merge so I need a distraction better than Tyler."

"How can they merge, I thought they needed a celestial event," Bonnie attempts, but I shake my head.

"It's a full moon tonight, which is a celestial event. A rejoining of souls doesn't take much," I assure her and she nods.

"Then Kai and I have to merge first," Jo states confidently and I can't help but laugh, making her glare at me.

"Look, I hate to break it to you but you just got your magic back. Our best chance is to stall until the moon passes its peak. If you go against Kai now, you will lose. There won't even be a chance."

"How do you know?" She demands and I feel my temper begin to slip so I look to Ric and try to cool off before answering.

"Because siphoning hurts and pain causes a distraction. If say, Vivianne, who is very powerful and very strong-willed, was to merge with a siphoner she would lose because as soon as they began to siphon, which happens as soon as the merge spell begins, she would lose her concentration due to the pain, allowing the siphoner to win."

"So you're saying that Jo never had a chance?" Alaric asks, distraught, and I nod.

"That's what I've been saying, not that anyone has been listening. I've been looking for a way to get Kai what he wants without the merge because he may listen to me now but eventually, especially with your father trying to get Luke and Liv to merge, he will default to the part of his brain that says to cause pain to those who have caused it to him," I say.

Jo agrees to try and distract her father from merging the twins and Damon, along with Ric, goes with her. I lie and say that I have more research to do as I prepare to merge back with Carter. I am preparing things with Eric when I get a call from Vivianne saying that they found Ollie with the witches and they were going to get him back.