Chapter 39- The Final Battle

3rd Person P.O.V.

As Kol convinces Davina to use her power as regent to bring Esther back and Rebekah goes to find Caroline and Marcel to help ready the vampires, Jessica tries various spells to stop the melting of the dagger before trying to focus and make it obey her. When it inevitably fails, she throws her grimoire away in frustration. "Woah, I didn't think that you lost your temper like that, although it does make more sense why Klaus like you now," Freya jokes, and Jessica gives her a dry look.

"Dahlia is too strong thanks to her link to Nik. I can't do anything to her without doing it to him and since I don't know what spell she is using to melt the dagger, I can't prevent it," Jessica vents while Freya looks at her confused.

"How could he possibly make her that powerful? You could block her spells when she was linked to me."

"Yeah well you were the firstborn from Mikael's line, Klaus is also a firstborn from Ansel's line. That gives him a lot of power but when Esther weakened him physically with her magic to prevent Mikael from learning she was a whore, she also weakened his magic. Klaus was worried that I would choose his other brothers because they all had a thing for me and Mikael had made him believe that they were all better than him. As I said, the trait he listed for Kol was magic, so I taught him my magic which is far more powerful than the magic Dahlia practices but even with it diluting as she uses it, it's still stronger than if he had spirit magic."

"Would you have? Chosen a different brother, I mean?"

Jessica studies her before shaking her head. "No, even when I caught Nik with Tatia, I still loved him. The same when I caught him with Hayley. Hell, I got so pissed that he cheated with Tatia that I not only almost killed her but literally created Hell because my anger created so much power. Yet no matter what, I always loved him. But if I hadn't fallen for Nik, I would've gone for Rebekah."

Freya chokes on her spit, not expecting that answer and Jessica giggles. "I didn't realize you liked girls," she tries to say as nonchalantly as possible, making Jessica's giggle turns to a laugh.

"Well, I've always been able to appreciate if a girl or guy was hot but I've only ever loved three, Damon, Nik, and Bekah. I wouldn't say that I'm in love with Rebekah, it's more a friend love but I mean Rebekah has a rockin' bod and an amazing personality. I definitely see what Marcel sees in her."

Freya laughs. "You know, when I first met you, I didn't trust you, and I still didn't until last night, but I see why my family is so enamored with you. You have this way about you, it draws people in. It's like a light. I see it with your friend Caroline, hers is obvious while yours is more coveted, only trusted people get to see it and I'm glad that I am one of them."

"I'm happy you feel that way because I plan on getting Nik to make an honest woman out of me at some point and I would hate for my inlaws to loathe me," Jessica says seriously before cracking up and Freya joins her until the dagger begins to melt more and Jessica stops. "Times almost up. I need to get this plan started soon."

"What exactly is the plan?" Freya asks and Jessica leads her out of the room and into Nik's room.

"This room is enchanted so no one can hear us. I'm trusting you, Freya, so please don't let me down for putting faith in you because I'm still not sure telling Kai was a great idea." Freya nods and Jessica continues. "I've given everybody their orders but the plan is that Dahlia gets out after she melts that dagger."

"But she'll take Hope and-"

"She won't get out town," Jessica assures. "Kai is the leader of the Gemini coven and even if his father won't follow him, the rest will. They're joining with the New Orleans witches to barricade the city. Dahlia may be strong but she can't fight two covens, especially since I know she'll unlink herself from Nik after what he pulled. Next comes the vampires. Vivianne placed a protection spell on all of them to ensure that whatever Dahlia does won't kill them. It's binding so she can't break it unless she kills Nature, which is impossible. The vampires will antagonize her until she flees for the one place they won't enter, here. She'll need to be here to get Hope anyway and when she enters, we'll make her think it's abandoned. That's when Esther enters and distracts her with apologies until she gets close enough to stab Dahlia, which will kill her as she has served her purpose."