Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead

Please read the Author's Note at the bottom!~J😘😍

3rd Person P.O.V.

Jessica is sitting in the courtyard of the compound talking to the Mikaelson siblings. "What do you mean you can't find Davina, Kol? Isn't she your girlfriend? Shouldn't you know where she is?" She demands and Kol sighs.

"Davina is regent now, she needed the power to finish the dagger, a dagger which I never thought I would want out of him so willingly, might I add. As soon as I said I needed her to remove it, she placed a powerful blocking spell on herself so we can't force her," Kol answers and Jessica stands up and begins pacing.

"I can't leave Nik daggered and the longer he is daggered the more vulnerable he is to Dahlia. Right now our only play is that I didn't tell Klaus all of my plan. The only people who know it fully are me and Malachai."

"You trusted the psycho who killed his family with this?" Vivianne asks, stunned, and Jessica shakes her head.

"No, I trust the very powerful leader of the Gemini Coven, who happens to be willing to follow me regardless of what I do to him for whatever reason," she responds as her phone chimes with a text from Kai. "Speak of the devil and he shall text. I have to go. He's been helping Jo with her powers and apparently she's pregnant. He wants to meet with me so I can help him and he said he has a plan for the dagger so I'll be back. Freya, work with Kol, now that you aren't linked to Dahlia we have another play. I thought she would wait until she almost had Hope but now we have more time."

"I've got a pretty good hold on this magic of yours but won't it clash with dear Freya's?" Kol questions, nervous that something might happen to his niece or, even if he'd never admit it, his beloved older brother.

"No, as you do the spell, your magic will purify hers making her already powerful magic stronger. Vivianne, you're with me and call Eric and tell him to inform the new faction that a powerful threat is coming and they need to steer clear." She nods and Jessica turns to Meredith and Elijah. "Mer, I told Aiden to report to you. I hope that the two of you can monitor Hayley and Hope closely. Nobody knows the bayou like the wolves and Aiden has an advantage since nobody suspects that his resurrection worked. If he senses any danger, he'll call. Bekah, you keep an eye on Nik and call Cami, maybe she can get the dagger out since she isn't supernatural." Everyone agrees to their tasks and Jessica heads out with Vivianne.

Meanwhile, Klaus, despite being daggered, is not suffering the black nothingness that his siblings describe and is instead reliving a fond memory of Jessica, something he supposes is her doing. It was a few weeks after Jessica had found the scars on his back from Mikael at the waterfall and they had begun a secret relationship that nobody but Rebekah and Kol knew about, as Jessica was closest to them. He always suspected Kol to bring it up around his parents or tease him about it, but he never did. He had only brought it up once to tell him that Jessica truly cared about him and he'd better not mess it up.

In this particular memory, Jessica had taken him into her special hut in the woods that she had made herself with magic. It was powerful, anyone could sense it, but nobody could see it unless Jessica showed it to them. She was helping him with basic spells that he wasn't particular good at since he wasn't the best at magic, unlike Kol. Jessica was always patient with him, though, and the more time he spent with her, the stronger connection to nature he felt. Klaus had messed up the spell once again and she told him that it wasn't because he didn't have the power but because his mind was clouded, but he didn't know how to clear it.

She told him that he needed to compartmentalize, push all the memories away by focusing on a good one. He tried but all he could think was of the beating Mikael had given him the day before for not properly preparing his things before his hunting trip, even though Mikael changed nothing before leaving. Jessica seemed to know that he couldn't focus, so she kissed him. Klaus lost himself in the kiss and before he knew it, his shirt was on the floor. Jessica pulled back and he noticed that he had succeeded in making the plants bloom but Jessica was more focused on his back. She scolded him for lying to her by saying the abuse from Mikael was an isolated incident before telling him that she would always be there for him.