Chapter 9- Ever The Savior

Jessica's P.O.V.

I wake up the next morning to a ringing phone and a body next to me radiating heat. I reach over Nik and answer my phone, trying to be quiet so I don't wake him. "Hello," I whisper.

"Jess, it's Caroline," she says urgently. "So I didn't tell you everything yesterday. Damon was taken by this secret society called Augustine that experiments on vampires and Elena went to find Damon but she never came back."

"I'm on my way." I immediately hang up and take a quick shower before getting dressed. I'm sitting on my desk chair, putting on my shoes, when Nik wakes up.

"Were you planning on leaving me alone while you ran off to pretend this never happened?" He asks and I can hear the bitterness in the question, making me roll my eyes.

"First of all, this is my dorm so if I decided to forget about last night, I would kick you out. As for pretending this never happened, it was fun, Nik, but I already told you that this was a no-strings thing and you agreed, don't try and back out now." With that, I leave him lying in my bed while I walk into my kitchen, grabbing a pop tart before leaving to go find Eric. He's leaving his dorm as I make it there and I smile. "Eric!" I call and he turns to me with a bright smile and that glint in his eye showing that it's genuine.

"Hey, Jess. What can I do for you?"

I grin. "Actually it's what I can do for you." He looks at me confused, making my grin widen. "You said that you were tired of New Orleans well, I'm making a trip home because my vampire sister got captured by a secret society that experiments on vampires along with my ex-boyfriend and I thought you might want to come, you know, see that there are supernatural beings everywhere."

He grins to match mine. "I'd love to. Let me change." He lets me into his dorm while I wait and before long we are in the car. We are almost out of town when Vivianne texts saying that Klaus has a plan to earn the vampires' trust and she has a bad feeling so I make a quick u-turn and head to the abattoir.

"Wait here. I'll be quick," I promise and Eric nods as I enter the iron gates to hear Klaus talking.

"As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you, I do not."

"Father of the year," Hayley remarks, making me smile.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how I can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?" He smirks and I step in as Hayley protests.

"Don't even think about a wolf hunt Niklaus Mikaelson!" Everyone at the table turns to me in shock.

"And why not?" He challenges, obviously angry that I'm challenging his authority, so I glare at him.

"Because, I have a friend out there, Jackson Kenner and if he or anyone he cares about gets hurt or dies so help me God, Niklaus, I will create a dagger just for you like the one you constantly threaten your siblings with and drop you in the middle of the Atlantic ocean," I threaten before addressing the rest of the vampires. "As for you lot, if anyone out there gets hurt I will hunt each and every one of you down and torture you until you tell me who did the damage and if none of you did or none of you admit it, you'll all just be dead so you better not only fail to go on that wolf hunt but you better ensure that no wolves end up hurt or you won't have to deal with Marcel's betrayal anymore because you'll get to be all alone in purgatory," I snarl before spinning on my heels to leave.