Forgiveness

All of the Nevers and Evers at breakfast jumped as they heard Tedros's loud, furious stomping. Agatha was one of them. When Tedros entered the hall angrily, she rolled her eyes and wondered what could possibly have had gone wrong. Her eyes widened with confusion when he stalked up to her and slapped her face hard as he could. His hand left a bright red hand mark on her cheek. She glared at him and was just about to slap him when he stared to screeching mad words at her. 

"Sophie almost died again! She survived but almost died again! She couldn't breathe properly and needed help this morning when she woke up! If it wasn't for Reena and Millicent, she would have died! For real this time!" He shrieked and furiously clawed and scratched at her face wildly. Suddenly, his eyes met with Agatha's. A new feeling swept through them. Tedros shook his head wildly and hissed at her. 

"I swear, if this or something like this happens to Sophie again, I will kill you for real. I don't care what she says because you deserve it." He growled and stomped off to his usual table, fuming. But he didn't feel as angry as he was meant to. In fact, he wasn't mad at all! He felt this tug pull him towards Agatha, although he didn't move.  Chaddick flinched when Tedros dumped himself on the seat next to him. 

"H-hey, m-mate." He nervously stammered. 

"Same old, same old." Tedros rolled his eyes.

"Yup. Sophie almost dying. The usual." Chaddick stated which made Tedros laugh and forget what had just happened. 

"But dude, shouldn't Ava be a wolf instead of going home?" Tedros jerked up and inquired. 

"Oh. Yeah. That's true..." Chaddick realized, flatly.

"I wonder why Prof Dovey spared her." Tedros wondered out loud an sighed. 

"Yeah. That's not fair." His best mate murmured. They sat in silence for a while until they realized they hadn't collected their breakfast.

"Shouldn't we be getting our breakfast basket?" Chaddick asked. Tedros nodded and they both leapt up when they spotted Sophie and Beatrix enter the hall. Beatrix was helping Sophie to walk slowly. They sprinted to the two girls and helped each of them. Chaddick was asking Beatrix what had happened to Sophie while Tedros was helping Sophie to walk to their breakfast line while chatting with her quietly. 

"Tedros. Did you ever notice Ava in the way you noticed me?" Sophie asked suddenly after eating in silence next to Tedros who was also wordless and thinking about Agatha. She placed down her sandwich and waited for the reply. Tedros's head jerked up at the sudden inquiry. 

"Of course not!" He shrieked causing everyone to turn and stare at him.

"Why would I notice that witch?" He whisper shouted. 

"I don't know. I guess I was a bit jealous for a sec." Sophie gave him a quick smile with relief that her prince had never backed down on her. The jealousy washed away. 

She picked up her sandwich and began eating again. She and Tedros exchanged a few words but didn't say much. As they finished up, Beatrix and Chaddick creeped up behind them. They screamed into their friends' ears, causing them to flinch. Sophie giggled and gave both Beatrix ad Chaddick a friendly hug. Tedros however, scowled at Beatrix and grinned at Chaddick. Chaddick smiled back, but not as heartily as he saw Tedros give Beatrix a dirty look. Sophie saw this also and felt a pang of guilt in her heart.

"Look, Tedros. Couldn't you forgive Beatrix? It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault for not being able to wake up. Please, forgive her." Sophie begged Tedros and gripped onto his arm. He groaned.

"Fine." He sighed. He didn't want to fight with Sophie or Chaddick. Beatrix's face lit up.

"Really?" She squealed with happiness as if Christmas had come early.

"Just wake up next time." He sighed again and strolled off. Beatrix nodded. She and Sophie shared a hug at the success. Chaddick left the two best friends alone and followed Tedros to where ever he was heading to. He jogged up to him.

"Great choice, man. I've never seen Sophie and Beatrix so happy." He cheered and thumped Tedros's back.

"Glad they're happy." Tedros mumbled as he entered the boys bathroom. Chaddick followed him in.

"I mean, Beatrix was unhappy that you were mad at her. She was devastated." Chaddick chattered on while Tedros did his stuff. However, Tedros wasn't listening to his best friend. He was busy thinking about Agatha. What was it that made their eyes catch? What was it that he felt a new feeling around her? He couldn't possibly be falling for Aga-no he couldn't be falling for that 'witch'. He loved Sophie!

"And then, Beatrix burst into a puddle of tears and I..." Chaddick was still talking and Tedros was stilling thinking about Agatha. Her short, oily black hair and bulging eyes he was unaware that he was falling for. As he thought of Agatha, his heart ached. Ached with love.