End of the Trial By Tale

By the time The Trial By Tale ended, both Tristan and Hort had given up and had gone while Ravan gave up with Chaddick celebrating. Agatha and Tedros were the only ones left. All they did were, gaze at each other and turn tomato red. But now that the trial was over, they would not be able to hurt each other. Both of them felt a feeling of relief in their stomach as suddenly, they and Chaddick started to fade and landed back in the school grounds where everyone were awaiting their arrival eagerly.

"Aggie! Tedros! Chaddick!" Sophie waved over to them. The three survivors ignored their fans as they strolled past the worshiping Dot, teary Giselle and a bawling Ava.

"Sophie!" They cried, excitedly. Sophie hugged each of them tightly.

"How's Beatrix?" Chaddick asked, anxiously.

"Where is everyone who competed?" Agatha asked, noticing the competitors were missing.

"Where's Dovey?" Tedros demanded. Sophie rolled her eyes at the blast of questions that were shot at her.

"Beatrix's fine. She's fully healed, thanks to Professor Dovey. She's asleep. Everyone who competed is at the hospital wing, getting checked which means you all should go to the hospital wing. Finally, I have no idea where Professor Dovey is." Sophie answered all the question quickly and stared leading them to the hospital wing. As they neared the wing, voices of Nevers and Evers echoed in the hallway.

"That one hurts!" They heard Anadil bark.

"Shut up, Ani!" Hester snapped.

"Ouch! Why does it have to hurt so much. Can't you just heal it with magic?" Tristan yowled. 

"For Hooks sake! Stop the pain!" Hort howled. More voices screeched with pain. Everyone went silent as Sophie, Agatha, Tedros and Chaddick entered. Finally, Hester broke the silence.

"So, the winners are finally here." She sneered and emphasized on the word 'winners' and 'finally'. No one said a word and continued to gaze at Sophie and the 'winners' with envy.

"Why does it matter if they won? Besides, Agatha is your friend, Hester." Sophie pointed out, unabashed. Hester scowled and spun away having nothing to say back to that comeback. 

Agatha's eyes met with Hort's who was gazing at her, clearly dazed by her beauty? She shook her head and wheeled around to see Sophie standing right behind her. She flinched immediately. After a while of staring at Sophie, who was also dazed, and at Hort, Agatha realized that Hort had been staring at Sophie the whole time. But...wasn't Hort in love with her? Not Sophie? Memories of one of the first days at school came back. 

"That girl is just too pretty." Hort had sighed. So, Hort had been in love with Sophie first and loved her all this time. But...why did he say she was his dream girl and he loved her? A feeling of envy swept through her as realization hit that Hort didn't love her. He loved Sophie. Anger flashed in Agatha's eyes. Tedros noticed and went over to his princess, worried.

"You good there?" He whispered into her ear, causing her to leap up with fright. She sighed and spund.

"God, you scared me!" 

"Are you alright there? You seemed a little...mad." Tedros inquired again, this time not scaring her of course.

"Yeah! Yeah! Of course! Why should I be mad?" Agatha lied and gave a fake smile to her prince. He shrugged slowly, knowing that his princess was lying to him.

"Look, what is wrong? You can trust me you know. I'm your prince." He said, rather hurt. Agatha's eyes widened. I mean, who would want their prince to know that they were jealous that this boy who was not him loved someone who was not her? She sucked in air.

"Tedros," Agatha began, nervously. "We...we have to end this." She gazed up into his eyes. Tedros's heart stopped. He froze as if he didn't believe what he had just heard.

"Wh-what?"

"We have to end this. Whatever we have. I can't be your princess anymore." Agatha said, more composed than before. 

"Agatha! No! Why? How? Why?" Tedros roared, still frozen.

"Fine. I'll admit this. Tedros, I think I have feelings for someone else. Someone in my class. I can't be with you. It just...it just won't work. We're...we're done!" Agatha cried and sprinted out of the room, leaving Tedros crestfallen and heartbroken. Tears welled up his eyes, full of hurt. Sophie noticed and ran over to him, worriedly. 

"Teddy! What's wrong? Are you okay?" She gasped and squeezed his arm, comfortingly. He shook and fell to the floor. "Teddy!"

"Agatha. She...she...dumped...me." He spluttered and tears spilled down his cheeks. 

"Oh! That's...that's so bad! You two went so well! Oh, but why?" Sophie gagged.

"She said, she has feeling for someone else. Someone in her class." Tedros blankly said without looking at anything in particular.

"Oh no!" Sophie groaned knowingly. "I think she likes Hort. I saw her staring at him before." 

"Wh-what? H-Hort?" Tedros gasped. He stood up, enraged. His face was bright red. He flexed his big muscles towards Hort who had heard everything and was cowering back. But sneakily, he was full of pride and happiness. Agatha loved him back! Though he loved Sophie for her beauty, he loved Agatha more for her unselfishness and her bravery. He didn't mind a single bit if he had been nearly killed by her before. She loved him back! 

"Hort!" Tedros yelled angrily. He lifted his arm to send him a punch. But Sophie calmed him and saved Hort from getting a black eye. 

"Well, it's not my fault Agatha loves me, is it?" Said Hort, smugly. Tedros's face went a shade more red. Almost like a tomato. Hort fell into a rackets of laughter at this. He snickered and snorted. The future king of Camelot glowered and stomped out of the room. Sophie followed after giving Hort a withering expression. 

"I saved you this once. But I won't next time." She had snapped before she went after Tedros who was sobbing hysterically which were echoing around the hallways.

"Whoops. I'm sorry, Tedros of Camelot." Hort sneered and snickered before leaving himself, satisfied. Now, he and Agatha could be happy, together!