War: part one

While Dot recovered quickly, Sophie did not. For days she did not wake up from her unconsciousness, though she was still alive. Everyone feared that she was dead. Tedros said she would wake up soon confidently whenever someone asked. But inside, he was worried. What if she didn't wake up? It would all be his fault wouldn't it?

During the forest group class, he was deep in thought when Lady Less and Professor Dovey came running into the forest. Their eyes were blazing with a mixture of anger and worry. Bad news had arrived.

"Ah. Professor Dovey, Lady Lesso! What a pleasant surprise. Pray tell me why you have disturbed my class?" Asked Yuba from the ground(he was a gnome and was very small). 

"Prepare them." Said Lady Lesso. She did not explain what and tugged Professor Dovey on the arm and together, they sprinted to the other forest groups. Everyone had stopped talking and had heard everything. Prepare them. What did Lady Lesso mean? They looked down at Yuba and noticed his face had gone white. Yuba's eyes were very blank with shock and seemed as if he was a statue. 

"What did she mean?" Someone yelled. Yuba heard and looked up. He peered around at everyone carefully. 

"She meant, prepare for war." Answered Yuba, quietly.

"War?" Yelled Tedros in confusion.

"Us?" Gasped Chaddick.

"Why?" Cried out Beatrix. Everyone turned from her to Yuba, worriedly eager for an explanation. 

Yuba seemed reluctant to answer but replied anyways.

"The School Master," He said, looking towards the school master's tower, "Is planning to attack with his own colony."

No one spoke. 

"How?" A voice meekly asked from the back of the group. Everyone turned to face him. "Sophie hasn't woke. Dot's still recovering. Hester's still recovering from the doom room!" Hort bellowed.  "So how the bloody hell are we supposed to fight against the school master and his so-called colony?"

"We have to use every student in the school and every teachers. We'll have stymphs and Uma will surely call animals." Muttered Yuba. 

"Who are the School Master's army?" Millicent asked in a faint voice. 

"The evils who are dead." Answered Yuba.

"Dead? How? That's imposs-"  Hort stopped in mid sentence with a sudden realization. "Zombies." He whispered.

Yuba nodded. "Yes, zombies. Old evils. Cinderella's step mother and step sisters. Snow White's witch. Captain Hook. Smee and so many hundreds more. 

"We have at least a thousand people and animals. Surely we could defeat them!" Screamed Reena. "We can defeat them for we have strength! We have history. And most of all, we have love!" 

No one spoke until Hort spoke up.

"Evils can't love." He said, blankly.

"Who says? That's just a measly untrustworthy rule the school master made up. Not us. But the school master. The man we are fighting against. From now on, Nevers will learn to love and appreciate!" Beatrix ranted. The class burst into a racket of cheers. 

"Oh, what's going on here?" Demanded Hester, the rest of her forest group behind her. 

"We're going to defeat the School Master and his zombie army." Snapped Hort. 

"Class, beginning tomorrow, we will be learning to FIGHT!" Roared Yuba and stumbled off towards his hut unsteadily, still processing the news.

Far away from the forest where everyone was, a pair of  dearly missed green eyes fluttered open. She sat up, stretching, and fell back onto her pillows as one of her back bones throbbed. She stared around the empty(except one other person) room. 

"Class, beginning tomorrow, we will be learning to FIGHT!" She heard Yuba's voice from the forest faintly. A ripple of cheers came immediately after that.

"What happened?" Wondered Sophie out loud. She gasped with surprise as Dot spoke up from the bed next to hers.

"I wonder, too." Said Dot. Before Sophie could answer, the hospital wing door burst opened and Professor Dovey ran in.

"Oh, Sophie, you finally woke. You too, Dot though you slept for a normal length of time, but that's beyond the point. Girls, what I'm telling you will affect you. But listen to be carefully," Said Dovey, "The School Master is going to start war. This means everyone will have to fight against him and his zombie army." 

"Zombie?" Gasped Sophie.

"Army?" Dot gasped louder. 

"Yes, Cinderella's step mother and step sisters, Snow White's witch, Captain Hook and his gang and a lot more. The School Master included. Fight training is starting tomorrow. You both will be starting the day after. Nevers and Evers will be having classes together as from now, classes will only be battle preparation classes." Dovey said in a worriedly calm tone.

"Why? Why is the School Master starting this war?" Questioned Sophie.

"Because, all he wanted to see the whole time of his school reigning was the deaths of all students and teachers. He's a cruel, evil evil(more evil than nevers) man." Explained Dovey in one breath. "Now I really need to go. Lady Lesso will be back later." She added and left the room, shaking her head sadly. Five minutes after she left, Tedros, Agatha, Beatrix, Millicent, Reena, Hester and Anadil came rushing in. 

"Professor Dovey told us you're awake, Sophie!" Gasped Beatrix.

"Sophie, it's terrible." Panted Agatha. 

"War. We're going to fight. Fight against the bad School Master and his army." Tedros crossed his arms and tried to look strong and menacing(but failed to do so). His hands trembled.

"At least one of us is probably going to be killed." Reena wailed. 

"When are you going to be back, Sophie?" Asked Millicent, tears welled up in her eyes. 

"Dot and I will be back the day after tomorrow." Answered Sophie.

"Couldn't at least Dot come back? She's recovered now after all and we need so much training. The more people, the better." Murmured Anadil. Her rats squeaked from her pocket in agreement.

"I could come back. I've been resting for days." Said Dot brightly. She looked at Sophie as if asking for her permission.

"I really don't mind. Couldn't I go as well? I could just sit out and watch tactics if I can't train." Sophie suggested. 

"Honestly, that idea isn't bad. Nice one, ever girl." Grinned Hester. It was strange to see new friendships forming between Evers and Nevers. 

"Thanks." Sophie smiled back. At this moment, everyone smiled. Smiled with gladness that their friends had recovered. Smiled at Sophie's good idea. And smiled with love. Love that Hester and Anadil felt for the first time. Dot, not so much as she was the only Never who'd ever felt love before.