I'll Be There

Oh Hort! I miss you. Agatha thought as she layed on her back in the dark. She listened to her mother's loud snores that staunched the silence of the room. Tears dripped down her cheeks and her body shook which caused her bed to shake which caused Reaper to leap off with a loud hiss. Callis woke up with a start.

"Agatha?" She whispered and yawned sleepily.

"Right here, mother." Agatha said with a rather choked up voice. Callis sighed, knowing that her daughter was crying...again.

"Agatha, I know- I know somethings wrong. You're crying almost every night now. Ever since you came home, you've been gloomy and unhappy. You can tell me what's wrong, dear." Callis murmured quietly and sat up. Agatha knew that her mother would not go back to sleep until she told her the truth. She sighed heavily and sat up also.

"Mother," She began and sucked in air. "I-I miss the school. I miss Sophie(Callis nodded understandingly) and I-I-I miss Hort. And Hester. And Anadil. And Dot. And(she took a deep breath) Tedros." Agatha admitted rather shamefully and stared down at her blanket, blankly. For a while, Callis didn't say a word. But after a while, she crawled out of her bed and padded to Agatha's.

"Agatha, could you-could you tell me about these people? Not Sophie, of course. I know her. But the other people you mentioned?" She inquired. Agatha nodded, gingerly.

"Well," She began, "Hester, Anadil and Dot were my dorm mates. We had a few fights but we were good friends, always.(She smiled tearfully at the thought). Tedros...he was my p-prince I should say. He went to the school for Good and I was at the school for Evil. He, for the first few weeks loved Sophie and she loved him back. They began to be in a relationship. But as time went by, I started to love him and he loved me back. So then, he and Sophie broke up and we began dating. Sophie forgave us which was surprising. But she was good. Later, we all competed in the trial by tales which is a trial where you compete against students at the opposite schools. When the trial finished, I-I-I realized that I truly loved Hort. Not Tedros. And Hort declared his love for me ages ago. But I love him now. I just know it. I dumped Tedros because I didn't love him. Like I said, I loved Hort and still love him. I miss him and everyone else so much. I want to go back. I don't want to stay home anymoreeeeee..." Agatha's voice trailed off and she ended up sobbing hard into her arms. Pity filled Callis's arms as she remembered her time at the School For Good.

"Agatha, there's something I should tell you now." Callis cleared her throat. Agatha gazed up and nodded with tears running down her pale cheeks. "I myself, went to the school for Good and I had a prince who I deeply loved. I missed him and still miss him so much." She confessed. Agatha's bug eyes widened and the tears stopped pouring out.

"B-but. You're not...beautiful! You look like...me!" Agatha cried. Callis smiled, gently. She took her daughter's hand.

"Agatha, there's something else you do not know. This is not what I look like, truly. I-I'm not your real mother. I adopted you and made myself look like you." Agatha opened her mouth to speak, but Callis continued. "But, I still love you like my daughter. No, you are still my one and only daughter. You are my only family, Agatha. I will always be your mother even though our blood isn't related." She concluded. Agatha's eyes once again, brimmed up with touched tears. She leapt into her mother's arms and hugged her tight like she would never let go.

"I missed you so much, mother. I really did." She sobbed.

"Dear, I missed you so much."Callis whispered comfortingly.

"But," Agatha sniffled as she pulled away. "Can you show me your real identity, not the face that looks like me?" She requested. With a loud sighed, Callis nodded. She poked out her index finger in front of her and squeezed her eyes shut in concentration. Suddenly, her finger began to glow a shade of brilliant gold. Agatha's eyes popped open wide with shock. She had thought magic didn't work in Gavaldon.

"How..." She gasped. Callis ignored her.

"Previousa revertiora!" Callis pointed at herself and cried out. Immediately her face and body began to change. Her wide bug eyes turned into two smaller, non bug like eyes. The brown shade turned into a beautiful golden shade that shone in the moonlight. Her large lips shrank into the perfect size and the paleness of faded and became the most prettiest shade of pink. Her rather warty skin turned brighter and more smooth and tiny freckles appeared. Her pointy nose curved into a perfect, remarkably pretty nose. Her short black hair that went to her shoulders grew longer and went down her back in ravishing curls. The colour of her black hair faded into a light shade of hazel brown. Her rather plump body shape transformed into perfect thin curves. Her black dress turned into a pink silk frock and her clumps vanished into glass heels. Agatha gasped at the sight in front of her. Her mother was so...so...blindingly beautiful.

"I'm afraid I cannot change back." Callis smiled gently. Agatha continued to gape at her mother who now looked like the most stunning person she had ever seen.

"Mother.... You're so...so...beautiful! How..." Agatha stared at her mother with wonder and awe.

"Oh and Agatha, there's a letter for you next to you. I wonder when that got there. It wasn't there before..." Callis murmured and went over to her own bed.

"Huh." Agatha muttered and gingerly picked up the letter.

Written to Agatha of Woods Beyond. It read. Curiously and breathing heavily, Agatha ripped open to envelope and reached for the thick parchment. She unfolded it to read...