A blooming friendship with Sophie again

"Tedros! Sophie!" Agatha squealed and sprinted towards them. She squeezed Tedros into a hug and grinned her biggest smile at Sophie who merely gave her a grim smile. 

"Oh hey Agatha." Tedros greeted and returned the hug. 

"I heard some strange news, Aggie. Hester, Anadil and Dot told me. I hope you won't get mad at me. Is it true that Hort confessed his love to you in class?" Sophie looked up at Agatha who was still standing. Agatha burned a shade of fire red.

"Yeah. It's true." She mumbled and stared down at the ground. Tedros merely looked shocked. There was a hint of jealousy in his face. 

"Aggie, I'm going to forgive you and Tedros. I accept that he loves you and I hope you two go well together." Sophie gave her a light squeeze on her arm. Agatha's face shone with gladness and happiness. She grew excited.

"Thank you, Sophie. I know it's hard for you. But thank you." Agatha cheered and gave her best friend a tight hug. 

"Just take a good care of him or I'll do something to you." Sophie jokingly said and wagged her finger. Agatha grinned and nodded. Behind Sophie, Hort stared wistfully at her. Tedros gritted his teeth at that but stayed silent, trying to figure out his feelings. He felt strange around Sophie as if he wanted her. But he felt the same feeling towards Agatha too. It was the exact feeling that he felt when he first loved Sophie. But he couldn't love two girls. That was impossible, right? No, it was possible. 

"Did you really kill Hester's demon?" Sophie asked Agatha disapprovingly. 

"We were forced to battle! She used her demon!" Agatha protested.

"But was it really necessary to kill? Hester wouldn't have had killed you."

Tedros's head jerked up.

"Wait. Agatha killed something?" He asked, flabbergasted.

"Yes." Agatha admitted. She saw a flash of fury in her prince's eyes. His face went tight and didn't say a word. His feeling grew stronger as he watched Sophie look at Agatha disapprovingly. No,no. He wasn't falling for Sophie again! Agatha was his princess now! It wasn't Sophie anymore. A knot tightened in his stomach and butterflies fluttered around. Beads of sweat rolled down his uneasy face.

"Toilet." He muttered and ran off to the nearest male bathroom. Agatha and Sophie stared at each other but nodded. 

"He's acting strange." Sophie murmured. Agatha nodded in agreement. It was true. Tedros was suddenly rather stiff. It felt like he was avoiding her. Tears sprung into her eyes. What if she did something? What if he didn't want her anymore? Sophie saw those tears.

"Aggie, what's wrong?" 

"Do you think I did something to him? Do you think he doesn't want me anymore?"

"Aggie, no matter how you behave towards him, no matter what you did to him, he will never stop loving you." Sophie promised and gave her sad friend a comforting hug. Agatha smiled. There was no other person like Sophie. For the whole of lunch, Agatha and Sophie waited patiently for Tedros. but he never came back. Worry filled their eyes as they headed to their class with Yuba the Gnome. Hoping Tedros would be there, they ran as fast as they could to the forest and Tedros was there. His head was bowed down and his eyes were staring at the ground. His head snapped up as his princess and former princess gaped at him. 

"I had a stomach ache and by the time I was finished in the bathroom, lunch ended." He quickly made his excuse. 

"Tedros, what's wrong?" Sophie questioned and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"What?" He arched an brow. 

"You've been acting strange. You're very...stiff." Agatha mentioned.

"Uhhh.." That was all Tedros said.

"You can trust us..." Sophie hinted. He decided to be honest with his feelings.

"Well, I've been feeling strange. i don't know what it is." He murmured

"Ah. Finished your chatting yet?" An annoyed voice grumbled from the ground. The trio looked down to see Yuba  standing there with his arms crossed. They looked up to see girls climbing into coffins and shutting them. The boys were blindfolded. All three of them reddened and Tedros blindfolded himself and the girls climbed into two empty coffins.

"Now, boys. There will be a feeling that will draw you to a girl. You have to open the lid of the coffin your feeling draws you to and open it. You won't know who the girl is as they turned into a grey statue. You have to kiss their hand and the girl will turn back. Ready? Now go!" Yuba exclaimed. Every boy took their blindfolds off except for Tedros who only took off his blindfold found their girl. Tedros had two feelings. Each drew them to two separate coffins. He stood their, confused.

"Well?" Yuba growled at the prince.

"There's two separate feelings drawing me to two separate coffins." Tedros muttered.

"Ahhh. Two loves. Well, do both." Yuba sighed. The other boys snickered, knowing who the girls were as only two were left. Sophie and Agatha.  Tedros sighed and went to the first coffin his feelings drew to. He opened it and kissed the hand. The statute turned back into...Agatha who smiled. He sighed with relief until another feeling drew him to the last coffin. He opened that coffin and kissed the hand. The class went silent. Even Yuba was speechless. Tedros had picked someone they hadn't been expecting at all. He had picked his old princess. He had picked Sophie.