Almost dead as a door nail

Agatha tossed and turned in her bed. The three beds next to her's were empty. Just moths eaten blankets and mouldy pillows. Of course the coven had left the dorm and moved into the spare one. But Agatha still had hope. She hoped her former friends would come back. Maybe even beg for forgiveness. They never did, though. Not even after a week after the 'Tedros incident'. It seemed like they were going to forgive her at first, but when they caught her attacking Ava a few days ago, they loathed her. Tears spilled out of her eyes and dripped onto her mouldy pillow. Agatha sat up, sobbing her heart out. She would do anything. Anything to get her friends back. She would give up Sophie perhaps. Or maybe even Tedros. She just wanted her dorm mates back for good. A feeling of loneliness swept into her as tears poured out faster and leaked onto her baggy, black nightgown. The feeling was so strong that, it felt like her heart was literally shattering to pieces.  All of a sudden and for the first time since she had arrived at this school, Agatha thought of her mother. Her mother who had the same brown bug eyes as her. Her mother who would always comfort her when she felt lonely and tearful. But not anymore. Callis was far away from her. Way behind the woods. 

"M-mother," Agatha hiccuped and gulped in air, "I miss you. I need you." 

Her heart sank as she thought of her beloved, single mother. Agatha cried harder and fell onto the hard floor with a loud thump. There on the ground, she cried for hours and clutched at herself. She wished that all this would be a dream and when she opened her eyes, she would be home. Back in the graveyard with Reaper, her beloved, bald cat. Abruptly, something blocked air she was breathing in. Something washed over her and stopped her from the ability to breathe. She choked. She coughed out crimson blood which dripped onto the floor. She wheezed and gasped for air. However, nothing but death started creeping to her. Agatha needed someone to save her before she died. She needed air. She allowed emotion to pour into her and her finger instantly started glowing. Agatha raised her finger and out came remnants of air. She breathed in the air and cried out.

"H-Hester! Anadil! Dot! Hort! Anyone! Help me! Save me!" She screeched with all her might. But the reply or help she desperately wished for didn't come. "Please." She croaked and everything around her vanished. Everything went pitch black. 

                                                                                             ***

Agatha felt herself floating. Death was coming. Or  she was already dead. She knew she was dead. She still couldn't see anything except for pitch darkness. This was what death must have felt like to dead people. Suddenly three very familiar angels appeared in the darkness. 

"Agatha! Please, Agatha!" An angel cried.

"Please, Agatha, pull through this!" Another angel begged.

"Agatha. I'm sorry. We're sorry!" A third angel sobbed and something clutched to her.

"Hester..." Agatha attempted to croak. She felt  warm liquid splash onto her. 

"Hester." She called a little louder. She flickered her eyes opened and found Hester, Anadil and Dot in tears and staring down at her. For once, Dot wasn't eating chocolate.

"We're so sorry." Dot sobbed and buried her head in Agatha's blanket. Blanket? Agatha looked down and expected to see a mouldy blanket. But instead, she saw a clean, white material. She gazed around, weakly and realized she was in the hospital wing. She patted Dot's head.

"W-what happened?" She croaked.

"You yelled our names from your dorm, but we ignored you. But then, you yelled Hort's and screamed for help. We got really worried, Agatha. We ran into your dorm and found you lying on the floor, motionless. We got Lady Lesso. She helped us to get you here." Hester had finally stopped crying and explained. 

"Oh..."

"We don't think your prince knows about this or Sophie. Best for them to not know because they'll put themselves in danger on crossing the halfway bridge." Dot lifted her tear strained face. 

"Word spreads, anyways." Anadil sniffed and scooped up her rats and placed them on Agatha's hospital bed. They squeaked and scrambled around.

"Will you come back to the dorm please?" Agatha requested and stroked the rats. 

"Did you think we weren't coming after all this?" Hester smirked. Dot and Anadil cracked. Agatha nodded.

"So you're coming back, right?" She hopefully questioned, her eyes shining. 

"Yeah." Dot said and grinned toothily. 

"Clearly." Hester and Anadil rolled their eyes. After chatting and eating chocolates Dot changed bits of small things into, the coven had to leave.

"We'll be back." Hester promised. Anadil nodded with sincerely. 

"Bye!" Agatha waved her hand, weakly. The coven exited the doorway and she sighed. Suddenly, Dot peeked her head in.

"Any chance you have snacks?" Dot inquired, cheekily.

"Oh, Dot!" Anadil, Hester and Agatha chorused and laughed.