I'M SORRY, GOODBYE [53]

you wanted angst huh, i got em baby😩

it was raining, and the sad thing was,

taehyung hated rains, although for some people it was calming to listen to the soft pitter patters of raindrops, well for taehyung, it was the exact opposite.

he sighed, closing his curtains as he shivered in cold, he sat on his bed, thinking what went wrong.

they were happy, happiest even, as described by people around them; what went so wrong?

was it that jungkook had found someone else already? probably.

taehyung hated the thought of it, bad memories he wanted to erase, the feeling of betrayal as he's seen jungkook attach his lips onto a beautiful girl.

it made taehyung insecure, indeed—it was hard to cope up with the thought of jungkook not on his side.

anything won't change if he let jungkook explain that day, right?

whatever it was, taehyung can't seem to let go of this feeling in his heart, the feeling of regret.

would jungkook still be here if he had taken another path?

as for jungkook, well—he was the same, late night drinking, to wash away the pain.

he wanted to feel better, feel as if taehyung was someone he never knew of—but it was hard.

what..what was this feeling without taehyung?

it felt empty, his heart felt cold and numb—it hurts to breathe.

was jungkook dumb enough to let the girl take a kiss? probably.

jungkook couldn't even sleep—he wishes taehyung would just hear him once, but no.

taehyung just pushed him away, like everybody else.

the weather was...suprisingly good, taehyung took a deep breath—closing his eyes and smiling softly to himself,

he bumped into something—or maybe someone; he groans, as he heard a cry—"y-you hurt me, mister!" the little kid cried, rubbing the spot on his head which turned red.

taehyung gasped, immediately kneeling down to see if the kid is okay, "i'm sorry sweetheart, i should've been more careful" as taehyung rubbed his head soothingly.

"jungyoo! you shouldn't run off like that!" the stranger pulled the kid—jungyoo, out of his grasp; "i'm sorry sir, for the trouble.." the stranger mumbled as taehyung dusted his pants to get up.

"it's alright si—" "taehyung?"

it's as if it the gods have put up this perfect moment for taehyung, he smiled.

"jungkook hey—" taehyung couldn't believe his eyes but his smile slowly faltered as a hand wraps around jungkook's.

"oh, taehyung! didn't expect you here at all! was our child troubling you, hm?" eunbi smiled.

the same girl he hated to see, as if everything was mocking him at this point; "o-oh..eunbi..you g-guys got married?"

eunbi smiled—more of mocking him at this point; "uhuh"— taehyung looked down, not wanting to look at the perfect family, like he wished to have with jungkook.

"tae? you've got me worried.." a man had pulled taehyung by his side, immediately sensing something was wrong when taehyung couldn't even try to look up.

"h-hoseok.." the man named hoseok, narrowed his eyes as he stared at the man before him, and there he knew, it was the same jeon jungkook, taehyung has talked about, everyday.

"let's go tae, i bought something for us, yea?" hoseok pulled taehyung alongside with him, not even bothering to bid their farewells.

jungkook could only sigh and let the tear fall down as eunbi stood next to him, comforting him in any way possible.

"if only i took the right path jungkook, we would still be happy right now, but i'm sorry, goodbye jungkook, i'm happy with someone else and you are too, i guess we never were meant to be"

:\ if only i took the right path huh?