20. A moment

Shannon's PoV

Someone's holding my hand. The back of my hand is gently stroked, which puts in me in such comfort that was completely different from the pain I had in my thigh. I haven't been treated with such gentleness in so long...

I want to open my eyes to see who's giving me the love that I've been longing, but I just can't. I don't have any energy to break out from this sleep.

Oh well, maybe if I slept a bit longer I'll be able to wake up soon...

------------

I can feel moist and warmth on my hand. Someone is holding my hand against their face and is talking to me...

'Shannon...I'm so sorry! I should've picked you up last night. If you wake up now, I'll stay by your side forever. I promise you I'll even let you wear your combat boots for every show, just wake up...' I recognise this voice. It belongs to my manager.

My beloved manager, Freddie.

And he's crying right now. The water on my hand is his tears.

' Ok, you promised,' I finally managed to say.

He looks up and I can see tears have stained his beautifully made-up face. His eyeliner has been smudged and I'm sure some of it has gone on my hand but I really can't care less. I'm so happy to see him.

A sharp pain on my left thigh stops me from sitting up. Freddie has to come help me get up.

'Shannon-ah! Are you trying to scare me to death? I don't want to lose my job because you!' He chastises. I know how much he cares about me, that's why he's now shouting at me.

I smile and hug him to let him know I'm all fine.

'Oh, where's Jungkook oppa?' I ask my manager.

He gives me a smile that shows there's something I haven't noticed yet. He tilts his head to gesture something further back of the ward.

Jungkook oppa is asleep on the couch.

'He's been in here the whole night. He refused to leave and now he's so tired that even thunderstorms and earthquakes can't wake him up,' he chuckles.

All I want to do now is get closer and watch him sleep.

Freddie notices that all my attention has gone to Jungkook oppa, but he doesn't pressure me to say anything. 'We've postponed the debut stage and your American showcases for two weeks, so don't worry. I'll go get a coffee now.' He pats my head and leaves.

I see there's already a pair of crutches right next to my bed. I use one on my left side so I can take some weight off the injured leg. I can easily make it the the end of the room.

Jungkook oppa is sleeping peacefully on the couch with one hand underneath his head like a pillow. His other arm is resting on his chest, which shows clearly how steady and relaxed his breath is. He doesn't look like he's injured in any way, which gives me great relief.

I can see his dark long lashes on his flawless skin. His lips look moist and pink, the way they move looks like he's whispering something.

A strand of his hair is covering his eyelids. As I try to remove it for him, his eyes suddenly open.

Oh shit, busted.

Even though I try to take my hand back, he grabs it by my wrist but it doesn't hurt me at all.

'Jungkook oppa...'