25. The first talk show

We landed in LAX airport at 7:30am. Even though I was sleeping for most of the flight, I still feel exhausted.

I have to go to a talk show at 5 pm which means we have to be there by 3 pm. That leaves me about 5 hours to rest because we only arrive at the hotel at 9:30 am and have to head out at 2.

On our way to the broadcasting station, I'm able to see what the famous Hollywood looks like in real life. It's just crazy how there are literally palm trees everywhere, as if I'm in a resort. Not that I've ever been to one.

The waiting room back stage has a similar layout to the one at M!Countdown. The rest of my management team has also arrived and are ready to get me dressed up for the show.

Ughh, the leather pants are back again.

Freddie oppa sees my disappointed face and says, 'sorry darling, we have to swap out the skirt for these because we're concerned about the scar.'

'Thanks for being considerate, oppa.' I give him a hug, 'but I really don't care about it being seen. It's a part of me now.'

'Noted. Next time we'll stick to the original outfits,' he winks.

I've got a white bandeau top with black contrasting seams on the edges. I've also got a lace choker that spices things up. The golden arm cuff adds a sense of elegance to the badass outfit. Freddie oppa never ceases to amaze me.

The makeup artist who helped me at the BigHit family photoshoot is here as well! 'Ae Na unnie!'

She seems surprised to hear me calling her 'unnie' but I've decided to just be somehow informal with my team so we can all just be closer. We're gonna work together so much in the future, we might as well be tight as a family. 'Annyeonghaseyo, Shannon-ssi. Ready to get your makeup done?'

Today the eyeshadow is a darker purplish-brown colour but it doesn't look like bruises on my eyes at all. Ae Na unnie has blended the eyeshadow so well that it makes my eyes larger. The rest of the face is mostly similar to what they usually do, but obviously I've still got a lot to learn about makeup.

There's still a while before I head on stage after I've done all my warm-ups. I'm really happy to see my dancers in good shape. The long-distance flight must be tough to get through.

'Shannon-ah, do you have a moment to talk?' Freddie oppa asks.

'Of course, I don't head on stage in another 20 minutes. Is everything ok?' I'm suddenly nervous by hearing his serious tone. He means business right now, as much as he jokes around with me.

'I think you know the protocol for being an idol, and what to and not to say. And I don't want to tread on your privacy but I can see clearly you and Jungkook-ssi have a different sort of relationship than the others.'

I want to protest that me and Jungkook oppa are just friends but he just knows me too well to tell when I'm lying so I listen on.

'There are full of fans of yours and BTS out there. We both know so many people started following you because of the fact that you're in the same company as BTS. I'm not trying to neglect your efforts for this debut or anything, you're a very talented girl. But please, be careful about what you say out there and never, I mean never, let them have a chance to twist what you say. We don't know how the fans of BTS might react if they sense a sprouting relationship between you and their golden maknae. Trust me, some of them out there are literally planning their wedding with Jungkook.'

I giggle at his attempt at trying to make this conversation lighter.

'You know I just want the best future for your career. Just be careful, and enjoy every moment of the presence, ok?'