34. Champion!

'You look a lot better now,' Freddie oppa says when I get on the van. The smile on his face is unmistakable.

Jungkook oppa has left my place an hour ago. We've agreed to keep our relationship as a secret for a while until my career is more established and stable. The last thing we want is to upset either of our fandoms.

'I do?' I pull down the in-built mirror above my seat. I don't look that different.

Well, maybe that goofy smile on my face is a bit too wide.

'So you wanna tell me what happened back there?' One corner of his lips is lifted up into a suspicious creepy smile.

'Nothing happened,' I answer way too cheerfully.

Except for I got myself a boyfriend. Nothing else happened.

'Alrighty, then.' He leans in and narrows his eyes, ' I'll come back for my answers again.'

--------

I am back for the live broadcast for the music show. This time, I don't feel as stressed as in the morning. The only thing that is in my head right now, is that I have to give the best performance to my fans.

My comeback title track is called 'Simple Love'.

I wrote it when I was thinking about mum and Sav. Mum loves us so much that she is willing to stay with her abusive husband so that her daughters would have a 'complete family'.

The members of TXT and BTS's love for each other is so obvious from their daily interactions. I've seen Seokjin oppa feeding everybody with his chopsticks even though his little brothers are literally eating the same thing on the same table right next to him.

Freddie loves me as both a colleague and a friend. He chose to stay as my manager and give up his dream as a celebrity stylist. Hell, he even postponed his wedding so he can be with me during my comeback.

Love should be simple like that.

Freddie has outdone himself with the stage outfits again.

This time we want to use a more chilled concept, unlike the bold, badass outfits that we used for the debut. I remember Freddie oppa also loving the idea when I was pitching it to him. 'Love should be simple,' he said.

I am wearing a set. I've got a black mesh crop top with a bandeau top underneath, together with the same-colored skirt. Both the top and the skirt have colourful flowers sewn on them. The hairstylist gives my hair really nice mermaid waves and does it into a half pony. She skillfully intertwines flowers that are similar to the patterns similar to the half ponytail. The platform heels are surprisingly easy to walk and dance with, despite the crazy height.

I love the outfit.

'Good luck, sweetie,' Freddie wishes. 'Go grab your show champion.'

I smile, 'I'll try my best.'

------------

The fans are still as enthusiastic as I remember.

If anything, I think I am seeing even more posters with my name on!

They sing along to the song and I can't help but take one of the in-ear monitors to hear them more clearly. Their screams and hollering get even louder when the song hits its climax. Bang PD told me to add a key change at the last chorus to push the song to a higher end. Luckily, I did because it works.

'I want some simple love!'

The dancers and I successfully pose for the last beat. Aha, I see the camera it must be zooming in for the last shot. Gorgeous smile, here we go.