36. Family

'What...are you two doing?' Taehyung oppa asks while Jimin oppa just stands there with his mouth shaped like an 'o'.

' Eating.'

'Practicing.'

We say at the same time. Ugh, it is not suspicious at all.

'I mean I was practicing and Jungkook oppa was eating,' I don't think I'm making this any better.

'Oh I see...' Jimin oppa says.

'No, I mean you two were really close just now. It's like you two were gonna ki...'Taehyung oppa is getting dragged out by Jimin oppa.

'Hang on, hyung,' Jungkook oppa says.

All three of us turn to him to see what he's got to say. I'm sure he's found a better excuse about us.

Instead, he comes right next to me and grabs my hand. I think Taehyung and Jimin oppas' jaws are going to be dislocated soon.

'Hyung, Shannon and I are dating,' he says.

What happened to our agreement to keeping it a secret for a while? Oh, I get it, 3 weeks is a while, right?

'You and Shannon are...' Taehyung oppa can't even form a complete sentence.

Jimin oppa, on the other hand, is starting to smile. He skips over to our side of the room and gives both of us a hug. 'I knew it! Hoseok hyung and I always thought there's something between you guys!'

'You knew...How?' Jungkook oppa asks.

'Ya, Jungkook-ah, we practically raised you,' he gives his little brother a friendly punch in the arm. 'I know exactly what you're thinking even when you blink.'

'Are we the first to know?' Taehyung oppa finally manages to get his speech back.

We both nod.

'Oh, then let's tell the other hyungs now!' Jimin oppa is getting his phone out of his pocket.

'Wait, hyung,' Jungkook oppa says. 'We'd like to tell them ourselves.'

'Oh, fair enough. No problem!'

'Shannon-ah, don't freak out,' Jimin oppa says to me. He smiles at me and says, 'you won't get into trouble.'

'Yeah, there's nothing wrong with falling in love,' Taehyung oppa also reassures me.

I feel Jungkook oppa's grip tightens around my hand because I'm still finding it hard to give a response.

My phone rings and I let go of his hand to pick it up.

'Shannon-ah, where are you?'

'Oh, Seokjin oppa.' I say it clearly so the other oppas in the room know it's him. 'I am at the dance studio. Why?'

'I'm doing Vlive now,' he says. 'Please say "hello" to our ARMY.'

'Annyeonghaseyo, I am BTS's hoobae Shannon. Please support and love me a lot!' I say the line that I've said over a hundred times.

'Come to our studio so our ARMY can know more about you,' he says. ' Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok are all with their parents. Jiminie and Taehyungie are getting their dinner now but I don't know where Jungkookie is.'

We look at each other and Jimin oppa is trying to stifle his laugh.

I'm not sure if Seokjin oppa is still on speakerphone, so I say. 'Sunbaenim, I am coming to you studio now.'

'Hmm ok, I'll call Jungkookie and ask him where he is. See you later.'

--------------

'Annyeonghaseyo, Seokjin sunbaenim,' I am normally more formal when we are on camera.