27. Open up

Both the showcase and Jimmy Fallon's show went by so quickly. I was constantly on a adrenal rush so it was even hard to recall what's happened. I might have to watch the video of me at Jimmy's show on  YouTube. One thing I remember was the sea of flashlights at the showcase, which just makes my heart melt.

While we're waiting to be boarded onto the flight back to Seoul, I call Sav using Freddie's phone.

'Hey Sav, what are you doing?'

'Nothing much, just homework.' She replies. ' A lot of my friends have heard your songs and started joining your fandom!'

' Oh really?' Even after two sold-out shows in America, I'm still finding it strange to hear that I've actually got fans.

'Yeah, I'll send you the link to a fansite my friend runs. If she finds out you're following her fansite for you she'll go nuts!'

'Sav, you know I can't openly do that,' I tell her. 'But tell her if she posts on Weverse I'll comment on it.'

'Ok, that'll do as well!'

' How's mum?' I ask.

'Same old same old,' she says.

I sigh. Even though I'm able to pay off most of the money I borrowed from BigHit now, I'm still not sure if this will last. If my fans ever decide to stop listening to my songs, then my family will literally become homeless and helpless.

I have to keep working hard and have faith in my fans.

'Thanks for staying put, Sav,' I say. ' Is the laptop useful?'

'Yes! Oh my god, it's so much faster than the computers at the public libraries. Where did you get the money to buy me the MacBook, though? I thought you still owe the company money.'

'Hehe, it's a secret.'

'GOOD HEAVENS! WAS TAEHYUNG ACTUALLY THE ONE WHO BOUGHT ME THE MACBOOK?' She's screaming so loud that I swear mum will wake up from her coma because of her.

' I'm not telling you.' Just in case she finds out and goes around telling her friends.

' Well, then I'm taking it that Taehyung bought me this.'

This girl.

' Ok, I gotta go now, I'm flying back to Seoul today. If you need anything...'

'I know. Call you. Don't worry about me, I'm turning 17 this year.'

'And you'll forever be my baby sister. Love you.'

'Love you, too.'

---------------

I don't have any schedule for the day when we landed in Incheon International Airport, so I could go home straight away. Even though there was a lot of reporters and fans waiting for me at the airport, I was still able to get onto the van safely, thanks to Freddie and the staff.

When I open the door to BTS's apartment, a bunch of confetti exploded everywhere. 'Welcome back!' The BTS oppas say.

I'm completely dumbfounded by the surprise because I thought they'd be working at BigHit at this hour.

'Thank you,' I reply.

'How was America? We saw you on James Corden and Jimmy Fallon's shows. You were so good!' Seokjin oppa says.

As tired as I am at the moment, I really ought to give them the best reaction for the surprise they planned for me in midst of their busy schedules. 'It was really fun but nerve-wracking. I have never been on a talk show before so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say.'