40. Challenge day!

The KCON in Mexico City was as hyped, if not more hyped than the one in LA.

I had so much fun performing and interacting with the fans and I even got to enjoy the spa at the hotel we were staying in, and all the expenditures are covered by BigHit!

I am now going back to the company because it is finally the day to film for Yoongi oppa's challenge.

After getting some work and a meeting with the production teams, I find Yoongi oppa in his studio.

'Shannon, you're here,' he says. 'Come in, I've just got a few things to finish up, and then we'll go to the Stage.'

He looks quite serious now, I suspect it is because he is still pretty much in the zone for producing music. I totally understand it because I totally feel the same.

Yoongi oppa and I actually have a special bond that's different from the bond I have with the others. We have really similar personalities as we can be quite stern and harsh to our own productions and we will never stop until we think we've reached perfection. I often seek advice from him whenever I hit a composer's block and he's always there to guide me through the tough times. I've always wished I had an elder brother like him, and now I do.

Sejin-ssi, who is one of the managers of BTS, comes into the studio after 20 minutes. He is here to take us to wherever Yoongi oppa has planned for me to perform "Ddaeng."

'Alright, I'm all done now.' Yoongi oppa says, 'shall we go now?'

Turns out Yoongi oppa is taking me to an underground hip hop club.

Oh shit.

Why do I always get myself into one challenge after another?

There are literally professional rappers everywhere here, am I really ready to embarrass myself in front of all of them?

Yoongi oppa gives one of the rappers there a firm handshake. He seems to be well-known here.

'Dong Sun hyung,' Yoongi oppa introduces me, 'this is Shannon, my hoobae at the company. Shannon, this is Han Dong Sun-ssi, one of the best rappers out there.'

'Annyeonghaseyo, Dong Sun sunbaenim, I am Shannon.'

He shakes my hand with a firm grip that I nearly lost my balance. Trust me, I'm not normally that weak, I'm just nervous as heck. 'Nice to meet ya, welcome to the Stage.'

'I used to perform my songs here before debuting,' Yoongi oppa explains. 'I often come back to test out new songs or simply just chill with a bunch of old friends.'

'It is...an honor to be able to perform here, oppa.' I look around and see rappers with all types of outfit, It's obvious that some of them literally came straight from work because they are still wearing formal clothes. I whisper, 'oppa, I really don't want to embarrass you in front of a bunch of experienced rappers.'

He looks really chilled, though. 'Don't worry. So many people here started out as newbies with no experience in performing or rapping. You're an idol so it means you've already got a head start.'

Ok, so there's really no way out.

There's no need for ear monitors because the venue isn't that big. Yoongi oppa says, 'I'll be on stage with you singing the chorus. You're gonna do great.'

'Give it up to Min Yoongi and Shannon!' The MC says.

Here we go.

The traditional Korean instrumented introduction of the song comes up and Yoongi oppa pulls out his stage persona and just raps away.