26. Mood swings

Before we leave the broadcasting station back to the hotel, someone knocks on the door.

'Oh my god, nice to meet you, Miss Cabello and Mr. Mendes,' I hear my manager says.

I get up my seat to see who he's talking to and it's Camilla Cabello! Standing next to her is a really really tall guy.

'Hello, Shannon I'm Camilla, I just thought I'd come and say hi to you. That cover you did for my song was out of this world!' She gives me a hug.

Omg, one of the most talented singers of this generation is telling me my cover of her song is good. I think I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

'Thank you so much, Miss Cabello.'

'Oh, just call me Camilla. This is my boyfriend Shawn.'

I shake hands with him but he pulls me into a hug. Well, I'm not mad at friendliness.

'It will be terrific if you can record a remix of "Never be the same" with me. I'm sure the fans will go crazy,' she says.

I think both Freddie's and my jaw drop at her offer. 'Really? You'd like that?'

She smiles, 'of course, I'd LOVE that. In fact, should we do it while you're still here? When do you fly back?'

I look at Freddie and he replies in Korean. 'We are flying to New York on Monday.'

'Awesome, we can do it tomorrow. Will you be free then?'

'Umm, I actually have a show tomorrow night, and the rehearsals are in the afternoon so...' Freddie slaps my arm and shakes his head frantically.

'Oh, I can record in the morning if you want,' she says understandingly.

' That'll be super!'

'Ok so come to the studio at...'

-------------

We get up extra early the next morning so we can head over to Camilla's studio on time. The faster we finish, the more time I've got for rehearsals.

Freddie told me that Camilla's boyfriend Shawn was also a really famous singer after we left the broadcasting station yesterday. I felt so embarrassed the whole journey back to the hotel and even called Camilla to ask her to tell Shawn that I'm sorry for being so ignorant. They laughed it off and Shawn even invited me to go see his concert!

'Hi! Thank you so much for being here!' Camilla greets us.

'I wouldn't give up this opportunity to sing with you!'

It's official, Camilla has the world's best vocals.

She has so much control over her falsetto for the pre-chorus. When it was my turn to do it for the second pre-chorus, she was even able to harmonize with me. Her voice has such a wide range, I am just completely blown away.

When the technician tells us we've finished recording, I feel like I can finally breathe. This whole time, she's been giving me so much guidance and encouragement. I've gained so much from this session.

'Thank you so much for having me, Camilla. You are the most talented singer ever.' I tell her.'

'Aww, you're so sweet, Shannon.' She replies, 'you're also really good and you've just started becoming a singer, right? You've got so much time to practice!'

She hugs me and says, 'if I didn't have to fly back to Miami I would so go to your show tonight, but as I said, we've got so much time.'

I nod, 'that's right. I think I also have to head over to the concert venue now. Thanks again, Camilla. I look forward to hearing the remix!'