23. They won't last

After the family photoshoot, I was told that the company is still trying to find me suitable accommodation so I have to stay at BTS's for a while longer. Thankfully they don't mind the intruder and are even super welcoming. However, I didn't get to experience the life of having roommates because they have to fly away for more concerts the day after the shoot. I also had to start going back to practice so adjustments to the choreography according to the condition of my injury can be made.

It is finally the day of my debut stage at the music show called M!Countdown but little did I know it can be so hectic!

I have to wake up at 4 am in the morning so pre-shoots of the show can be done. At half-past four, Freddie oppa is already picking me up. Even though it's super early, he's still got a big smile on his face, which is enough encouragement for me to kick-start my long, schedule-filled day.

My outfit today is still consistent with the all-black theme. The top is cropped with bell-sleeves which I can't stop playing with while the makeup artist is doing my makeup. I've got some leather shorts and of course, the combat boots that I refuse to return after the debut showcase. Freddie oppa said I can only take them after the promotion period is over.

There's also this belt that's attached to a thigh harness which to me kinda looks a bit...inappropriate. I know it is used to conceal the scar on my thigh and it is not too tight or making me uncomfortable, I just don't understand why Freddie says about they are in trend...But I've learned better not to fight my stylist on outfits unless I'm 100% sure about what I'm doing. Hehe, I pick my battles.

There's still a bit more time before my scheduled session, so we're just chilling and warming up in the waiting room.

'Shannon-ah, look at them,' my manager points at the television showing what's going on outside on stage at the moment.

'That dress the girl in the middle is wearing looks cute,' I say.

'Do you know who they are?'

I shake my head.

'They are a new girl group from SM Entertainment, one of the biggest entertainment companies in the industry.'

'I thought BigHit is the biggest, we've got BTS.'

My manager shakes his head disapprovingly, not impressed with my ignorance to the Kpop industry. 'No, Shannon. SM has been around for so long! They created the biggest bands throughout the history of Kpop! Shinwa, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, Exo, and now Miss Sunshine.'

'Miss Sunshine?'

'Yup, that's them,' he points at the 4-people girl group on the TV.

I pay more attention to their performance. Their concept for this performance is matching with their group name, their stage outfits are really colorful, which is a huge contrast comparing to mine. All of them also have virtually no fats on them and the girl who is wearing the dress that I said was the longest, slimmest legs ever.

Wow, their dance is so in-sync!

That song is bomb as hell!

'They look  so professional!' I say.

'I know right. SM never fails to deliver the best idols. They literally are all-rounders. They have the looks, the body, the singing, rapping and dancing. You know Miss Sunshine literally debuted 2 weeks before you.'

'Really? But they already look so well-trained!'

'Because they are. Shannon, not everyone gets scouted in a bar and gets presented a contract instantly.'

I understand. Namjoon oppa told me he's been a trainee for four years before he debuted with BTS. And I'm pretty sure there are trainees who have trained for so much longer who still haven't been able to debut. I was an extremely lucky case.