49. Official address

I woke up at 10 am. Jungkook oppa is still asleep. Maybe his schedules don't start til the afternoon.

His eyelashes are so long and dense. His skin is smooth, and I cannot see a single pore. His eyebrows are perfectly shaped, there's literally no need for his makeup artists to fill them in. I can't help but trace a finger on his cheeks and feel how soft they are.

'Why do you have to be so handsome?' I whisper.

Someone suddenly opens the door and I immediately hide under the covers. Jungkook oppa wraps his arms and legs around me, so I'm pressed on his wide chest. Hearing his heartbeat makes all my stress subside. Well, at least for as long as I hear it.

Obviously, I can feel other stuff, too.

His abs. I mean, his abs.

'Jungkook-ah! It's time to wake up!' It is Sejin manager nim's voice.

'Oh, ok hyung.' He still doesn't let me go. 'I'll be ready in 30 minutes.'

'Ok, I'll come back again,' he says. 'Don't go back to sleep, alright?'

'Uhm...' he mumbles.

I get up as soon as I hear the door closes. 'Oppa, I thought you were still asleep.'

He smiles, with his sleepy eyes, 'if I let you know I was awake, you wouldn't tell me what you really think about me, right?'

I can't even look him in the eyes now, 'I didn't say you're handsome!'

His smile turns into a grin, 'oh, so you think I'm handsome?'

I cover my face with my hands and start walking towards the door. He stops me before I reach the door.

'I was just joking,' he says, while blocking the way out.

We are really close to each other now, so I have to slightly tilt my head to look at him.

He pulls me close to him and rests his chin on my shoulder in a hug. 'Stay a bit longer.'

If it wasn't for a knock on the door, I 100% would have stayed. 'Jungkook-ah, are you up?' Namjoon oppa asks on the other side of the door.

'Yes, hyung, brushing my teeth now!' He answers.

I let go of him and say, 'oppa, you should start getting ready.'

His mouth forms a pout but still nods. 'Alright, then.'

I give him a kiss on his cheek and checks that nobody is in the corridor now, and make my way back to my room.

----------

Mum is doing fine in the hospital, the report of her brain scan has come out all fine, with no abnormalities. Sav is now with mum at her ward, while I have to go shoot an interview. This will my first ever interview conducted in Cantonese, my first language. I'm so excited!

'It's very nice to meet you, Shannon!' The interviewer says to me when I entered the recording studio. Even in Hong Kong, I can't stop bowing to everyone in the crew.

'The pleasure is all mine!' I smile.

The director gives us a cue that the interview has officially started filming. I've already read the list of questions that she's gonna ask me, so I have an idea of what's coming.

' Congratulations to our first Hong Kong-made New Kpop Artist of the year!' The interview says. 'Today we're welcoming Shannon to the show.'

'Hello, everybody,' I give the camera my sweetest smile.