28. Fun?

I'm on the set of the Lotte Duty Free endorsement.

And I'm having a bit of problem here.

The director has just explained the concept of the ad. Before I arrived, I already knew the theme is going to be 'Do it my way', but I never expected it to be like what the director told me.

Basically I have to diss them?!

'Freddie oppa, are you sure this is a good idea?' I ask him as I'm getting dressed and made up for the shoot.

' Yeah, why not?' He's busy giving instructions to the hairdresser on what kind of hairstyles he wants for me.

'Because they're telling me to diss BTS sunbaenim! I would never do that!'

' Sweetie, that's not called dissing,' he's finally turned to look at me. ' It's called individualism.'

I sigh. I've been told to learn the choreography of BTS's Lotte Duty Free advertisement. And honestly, they really need to release that song as a single because it's such a banger!

Anyways, I was only told to learn the dance for the ad but never found out the reason until today.

Ugh, what do I do.

I call Namjoon oppa because he's the person to ask when I'm having life-threatening problems. Trust me, if I anger the ARMYs of BTS, they are going to make it life-threatening for me.

Thank god he picks up after two rings.

'Shannon-ah, you alright?' He says.

'Oppa!' I think I shouted his name a bit too loudly because everyone on the set is looking at me.

I run into the dressing room where there's nobody to continue the phone call. I told him everything about what the director has planned for the ad and asked him for his advice.

Namjoon oppa is really chilled, though. 'That sounds like a really cool ad, Shannon. Go ahead and do it.'

'But..'

'Don't worry, seriously. It's an empowering project, I'm sure your and my fans will appreciate it.' He answers.

I let out a worried sigh and reply, 'alright, then.'

------------

The backing track of the song starts and I put all my worries behind.

Always high flight
yeah, that's my style!
L O double T E
That's my lifestyle

I dance to the choreography alone. We have to do it a few times so the director and the crew can capture it in a few different angles. This part takes a lot less time than I expected.

The next part is when I act like I'm not satisfied with performing someone else's song. That grumpy bitch face is on again!

So I, no actually, my character then turns off the music and starts dancing free style (obviously it's choreographed by the wonderful Danny but let's just act like I'm that good at dancing). She dances her way to the floor length mirror when she says the badass catchphrase of the project, ' I will do it my way'.  Then I think we cut to her solo stage when the new Lotte commercial song, which is also another addicting bop, comes up. It was so hard not to sing it in front of BTS so I won't spoil it.

The last part of the ad is me performing that song on stage which everyone should definitely have a listen to. I am even given permission to give a smug look at the end of the shot which is really satisfying.

The filming finishes right on schedule. I've seen bits of what they've filmed and I can't wait to see the final edited version. I thank everyone and start heading back to BigHit.