Chapter 1: What Lorenzo.....No

Magnus was moving through the corridors of the New York institute. His destination was the Head of the Institute's office. No he was not going for any meeting or official work to attend . He was going to meet his husband who happened to be the Head of the Institute . What a co-incidence.

As he was near the office he could hear the talking and laughing of two people of which one voice was familiar ...which was of of-course his husband Alexander and  another voice was not so unknown. Magnus had heard that voice somewhere. Yes...how could he forget that acidic tone . It was Lorenzo Ray ,the High warlock of Madrid.

" Mr Lightwood ,I must appreciate your choice of the place. Its beautiful ...I must say.  "  said Lorenzo's  voice in his polished tone.

" Well , its Alec ...Lorenzo....and thanks to you . I didn't know what would I do without you in these things . " said Alec's voice jovially.

"You have my help always ...Alec .Who can say no to those charming blue eyes of yours. " said the voice of Lorenzo flatteringly or flirtingly.

"And I must add Alec that your smile ...you look so gorgeuous when you smile ...I would highly suggest you to smile more often . " said Lorenzo's voice clearly flirting.

"Thank you ...Lorenzo ....I would try to implement that advice...."

Magnus did not listen any more .He wanted to take Alec out for lunch . Now after hearing all these his appetite was killed. He headed straight to his loft.

"Thank you ...Lorenzo....I would try to implement that advice for making Magnus happy actually. He loves to see my smile. He always tells me. "said Alec.

" You are a lucky man Alec that you got such a good life partner.Both of you will always have my blessings. " said Lorenzo.

" How things are going on between you and Underhill? " asked Alec .

" Yah, he is a nice man ....I like  and care for him . Hope that some day I could say that I love him " said Lorenzo smiling.

" I would actually be waiting for your wedding invitation ..." said Alec smiling.

" I hope that very soon I would be able to call you and Magnus to our wedding . " said Lorenzo grinning .

" Okay ...I have a meeting to attend ...I will get going now...Have a nice day Alec " said Lorenzo heading to the door.

" Good bye ....Lorenzo...nice day to you too...and thanks once again for your help" said Alec at the moving warlock.

  _______________________________

" Hey, Magnus I am home . " said Alec.

He moved to the living room only to find his warlock in a messy state . He was drinking . He had his make up ruined ...probably he was crying and his hair was down.

"Magnus , what happened ...what is it ? " said Alec.

"Alexander , I never knew that you will break my heart like that" said Magnus in a tearing voice.

" What ...I broke ....your heart ..how ?...What did I do ? " said Alec utterly  confused.

" Of all the men in this world you found another warlock to cheat on me ?" said Alec.

" Wait ....who said I am cheating on you " said Alec.

" Oh...you thought me so stupid that I would never know ...." said Magnus ,now anger audible in his voice.

" And you chose the institute actually to vent out your adultery don't you....Alexander ....I am your husband and you chose to do this to me ? " said Magnus.

" Okay ...you went to the Institute today ...to meet me ? " said Alec

" Yes....Thanks to Lilith I did....Otherwise ....I would have not known that Alexander Gideon Lightwood was cheating on his husband. " shouted Magnus.

" Now ....your accusations are competely false. I never cheated on you ." said Alec visibly irritated.

" Wait ...you went to the institute...you said that I am cheating on you with another warlock....Magnus ...Are you talking about Lorenzo? " said Alec.

" See , now the cat is out of the bag ....Bloody cheater...I guess it runs in the family. Robert cheated on Maryse and now the great Alexander cheated on me. " said Magnus losing his mind.

" Enough......." shouted Alec too . He was angry now. His patience bursted like a overflowing dam.

"I wanted to take you to a honey moon. After our marriage ,I got so busy that we could not spend time with each other. I did not have much exposure of places but I remember that you once told me to visit Madrid. It struck me that Lorenzo was the High Warlock of Madrid ....so I sought his help. He made both us a honey-moon trip to Madrid . He took  care of all the bookings and sightseeing and everything. Today he came to the office to give me the tickets and other details. I thought I would give you a surprise. I think now everything is out for good." blurted out Alec angrily .

Alec threw his office bag and took two tickets to Madrid along with bookings of hotel and sight seeing details and everything and threw them before Magnus . Since this was a surprise from Alec to Magnus so portaling was not an option. Then Alec went straight to the bedroom.

Magnus stood there stunned. Oh God what had he done. Just by overhearing some polished words that too from flattering Lorenzo ,he doubted his sweet Alexander. Fresh tears of guilt started forming and floating his face.

Alec was changing into pajamas when he felt a pair of arms were wrapping him from the back. Then he felt the body his warlock embracing him . Alec stopped for the moment . He did not flinch.

"I am so sorry ......so ..so ....sorry " cried Magnus . I just wanted to take you to lunch today so visited your office without telling you . I overheard Lorenzo complementing your eyes and smile. I felt jealous and insecure . I thought Lorenzo had charmed you and you got along with him . I was insecure to lose you Alexander. I cannot live without  you Alec. I love you ....so so much . Please forgive me.Don't leave me." Said Magnus pouring alll the guilt in his voice.

Alec turned towards Magnus . He kissed him on his lips . Magnus welcomed the forgiving kiss. He then pulled apart and hugged Magnus .

" Magnus...you have nothing to worry . For me there's just only one in this world that is you, Magnus. I cannot think of any one else. Never feel insecure. I will die but never cheat on you . Okay." Said Alec caressing Magnus' head.

Magnus nodded still embracing Alec .

" I love you" said Magnus sighing in relief as his sweet Alec forgiven him .

" As I love you" said Alec with all the devotion he had in him.

__________________________________