Chapter 11: Lightwood Potion

"Why are you so tensed today ...Magnus ...I have never seen you thinking so much " asked a worried Alec to a stressed out Magnus who was sitting on couch and massaging his nose bridge.

"Its actually about a new client . He is so short tempered and abusive . Sometimes I just can't stay composed before him ." said Magnus leaning his head on the back of the couch.

"So why are you doing his work ..just kick his ass and throw him out of the door. " said Alec taking a sip of cardamom tea in his hand.

"He is very influential among the warlocks . I do any wrong move he is going to taint my image before the other warlocks." said Magnus now taking up his cup of tea.

"Who is this magnificent personality we are talking about ?" asked Alec putting the cup on the saucer.

"Martinus Sinn...he is very wealthy and organises big parties at his house where he calls all the rich and wealthy warlocks and through those gatherings he actually influences their opinion."
said Magnus taking another sip his tea.

"Any loophole in his magnanimous personality ? " asked Alec lifting the cup of tea.

"Actually ....yes...he was a part of illegal smuggling of vampire blood ..he was even caught during the time of Inquisitor Malachi for breaching the Clave's Acccord . But owing to his connections and wealth he was made free ...the case was nowhere to be seen ..." said Magnus and took a sip of the half finished tea.

Alec nodded and drowned in savouring the refreshing and re-energising tea.

__________________________________

"Please ..come in Mr Sinn. Its my privilege to have you here ..."said Magnus in his polished business tone.

"Ofcourse its your privilege Bane ...otherwise I normally don't go to the house of the warlocks from whom I take services...they come to me." said Sinn... snobbishness as clear as crystal in his tone.

"So ..what exactly is the service ...that I need to provide to you ..?" asked Magnus trying to suppress irritation in his voice.

"Its actually a memory wiping thing I want ...I want to remove the memory of a particular person  of a particular event ." said the demanding client .

"Can I know whose memory and  what memory...?" asked Magnus.

"Mind your own business ...you warlock....I just want the potion ...make it and give it to me....don't forget I am fucking paying you ...." hissed Sinn.

Magnus sighed.... visibly coping up with the bile of anger forming in his stomach.

He did not say much and said " The potion making is a long process and would take time ...you can come after four to five hours when your thing will be ready. " said Magnus trying to stay in his business mode.

"Four to five hours ....are you fucking kidding me ....you obnoxious warlock ....you whore ... you got fucked up by a filthy nephilim and now you are fucking telling me that I . ..the great Martinus Sinn has to come back to your filthy house to collect the potion....I am paying you ..you shitty servant ...."

"SHHHHUUUT UUUUP" came a voice like thunder from the back . Magnus who was standing there and testing his patience looked behind him to see an Alec entering with visibly red face ...not because of blush but because of anger. Probably that was the first time when Magnus saw a fairly tempered Alec so angry  .

"ARE YOU GOING OUT OF MY HOUSE YOURSELF OR DO YOU WANT MAGNUS TO PORTAL YOUR PULP OF A BODY TO YOUR MANSION" said Alec in his authoritative  and angry tone.

"Who are you ....this warlock's pet ? " asked Sinn pouring venom from his mouth.

" I am the filthy nephilim whom you just refered ..." said Alec .

Alec : Now before you pour out anything more from your big of a mouth ....listen to me with your ears and mind open . Besides being a filthy nephilim to you ...I am the present Inquisitor of the Clave ...you know who I am right ...

I know how to apply Clave's rules on retrospective effect . You can forget your case with Malachi but the files are safely kept in Clave's archive and they can be reopened .

It will be on your good if you just get lost from here after apologising politely to Magnus right now...otherwise...things would not remain polite to you in the near future. "

Martinus Sinn was standing where he was ...but not angry anymore ...he was trembling as a mirror of reality was shown to him. He looked at Alec and Magnus . Then he said shakily

" Mr. Bane ....forgive me for my ill-mannered behaviour ...I was stressed and out of my mind. I would send someone to collect the potion in few hours with the complete payment."

He outstretched his hands to Magnus for shake ...Magnus accepted his hands skeptically and said "Your potion would be kept ready on time ".

Then Martinus looked at Alec and said " Mr Lightwood ...I am sorry for my behaviour ...and would request you not to dig out graves . 
Whatever happened today ..please forget it and think me as a friend . "

Martinus held his hand before Alec for a shake.

Alec:" Yes Mr. Martinus ,the dead would  not be dug out from the grave only if you remember to behave well with my family ...Magnus is my husband ,my world,my family ...so if you repeat your today's behaviour with him ...I would not mind resurrecting deads."

Alec shook Martinus' hands and gave his sassy smirk attached with it .

Martinus lowered his eyes ...mumbled a good bye and hurried to the exit.

Magnus ,who was listening to all these , looked proudly at  Alec and asked humorously...

" Well....  that was really good I have never seen a mad lion turning into a wet cat so instantaneously ."

" Just a strong dose of Lightwood potion Magnus....nobody messes with my family ...which starts with you " said Alec looking at his warlock.

Magnus smiled lovingly at Alec and went for a slow thanking kiss .Alec welcomed with all devotion.