Chapter 21: You did that -part 2

When Magnus opened his eyes ...he was still lying on the carpet of his home-office. He looked around him ,there was no one. He looked at the clock behind him ...it was one'o ' clock at night.

Realisation hit him gradually ....Alexander. He lifted his weak body from the floor and slowly moved to the chair. He slid himself on the chair. Magnus held his heavy head in his hands . Alec's smiling photograph was staring at him from the table. Magnus stared unblinkingly at the photo and fresh tears again rolled down his cheeks.

Did he just lose his Alec? Did Alexander leave his Magnus forever? Magnus closed his eyes ...Alec's face came on his mind. There were tears on those blue eyes...there was disgust for Magnus ...Magnus betrayed his Alexander....Magnus cheated his own soul...

A voice ....a faint voice ...was telling Magnus in his mind  "It is not your fault...you have to tell him that it was a potion and a plot against you ...he loves you and only you ...find your way back to him ...win him back ...bring Alec back to you ...." ...the voice started to go on and on....

But he needed proof that he was being trapped . He looked around his home office and the bills were gone so couldn't prove that the bills had 'seducing potion". Then his eyes fell on the floor where that clever lady pinned Magnus down and made her plan a success.

There was something sparkling on the floor. Magnus stood up from his chair and went closer to that sparkle on the floor. He saw that a silver button was lying on the floor. Magnus picked the button up in his hand. He looked at the button. The lady's dress had got such type of button. With sparkle of that silver button ..there was one more sparkle ...the sparkle of hope in Magnus' eyes.

Magnus took the ring and closed his eyes in deep concentration. Warlock tracking was the strongest in the downworld. Magnus saw a man giving instructions to the owner of that button. He knew that man ....that man was..............Martinus Sinn, the wealthy influential warlock whom Alec once had given a dose of Lightwood Potion   ( see the chapter if you didn't get whom I am talking about😃😃😃). So these all were a revenge of that day .... this had to be paid back .

But right now Magnus needed to find that rented servant ...that lady to prove his point to his shadowhunter...his Alexander.

Magnus held the silver button on his palms to track the present location of the owner. He saw a shabby place in his closed eyes and felt a pull towards that place.He started following that tracked pull to find that lady.

__________________________________

" It is three in the morning Alec ...what are you doing in the office so late? " asked Jace entering the Inquisitor's office tensed .

"I ....I..I had some work to finish so thought of completing that...." said Alec trying not to look at Jace.

" You know you cannot hide your feelings from me....Alec I can sense there is something really wrong ...you are breaking inside. I actually woke up because my parabati rune was throbbing ....what is it Alec ??" asked Jace concerned.

"Is it something regarding Magnus?" asked Jace looking straight at Alec.

"I am good Jace ...everything is fine...go back to sleep...." said Alec still pretending to work .

"Is Magnus cheating on you ...?" asked Jace seriously.

Alec was desparately trying to find words to calm Jace down but...

"Magnus has not cheated on his Alexander...he can never do...." said Magnus entering the office with a lady who was visibly scared.

Alec looked at his warlock.

Then he moved away his gaze. His sadness was clear in his eyes and a solitary tear drop escaped from the corner of those blue orbs even after attempting much control.

"Tell him ..."said Magnus to the lady pushing her a little forward.

The lady was really scared and with trembling voice started

" Mr Lightwood -Bane sir,I was planted by the warlock Martinus Sinn to create a rift between you two. Martinus Sinn is a rich and influential warlock .He promised me to pay handsomely for the work. I came to Mr Bane-Lightwood as a client and asked him to give me a love potion . In the meantime I put 'seducing potion'on the bills and gave them to Mr Bane . When Mr. Bane unknowingly came in the effect of the seducing potion I took advantage of the situation and created a picture so that when you would come from the office you could find both of us in a compromising position. Mr.Lightwood-Bane sir ...Mr.Bane has not cheated on you ...it was a trap." The woman breathed a sigh of relief.

Alec looked at the lady and absorbed her every word. Then he looked at Magnus who was standing there with his head fallen  probably trying to hide his tears.

"Come lady ...you have done enough of your confessions and you are now the official witness against that loud-mouth Martinus. I am issuing a warrant from the Clave for the Martinus...on grounds of  misconduction and fraudulance against Mr. and Mr. Lightwood
-Bane." said Jace taking the lady out of the office.

The office was now left with only Mr. And Mr . Lightwood-Bane.

Alec could not control his tears any more...he started sobbing.

Magnus stood there then started taking slow steps doubting whether his shadowhunter has forgiven him or not.

After two minutes of silent sobbing ...Alec stood up from his chair and went near to his warlock . Magnus saw Alec coming ...so involuntarily his arms opened for Alec.

Alec silently went straight into the warlock's open embrace.

The couples did not say anything . They just stood there silently in each other's embrace.

Sometimes silence can speak louder than words.

//please vote,comment and share with your friends...//