Chapter 60: Break His Heart- Part 2

Alec came straight to his office. His heart was aching. His brain was turning round. He felt like crying but he did not cry. He decided not to cry this time.

He sat on his chair . Alec clutched his head in his hands. He would not cry...at all.

But he needed to do something. To pacify the unleashed fire in his heart ,he needed to do something...

His eyes fell on his pocket knife on the table.

He took the knife in his hand.

A small sound in his mind started whispering...

"Your life is meaningless without him...what will you do without him. He was your everything. Now he is not with you...what will you do living  this worthless life . "

He took the knife in his right hand and without thinking placed it on his left wrist.

The cut was deep ....

The blood started to flow as if from a bursted dam.

Soon the room became blurred to Alec.

But he was fine as the pain in his wrist was not more than the  pain in his heart.

Yet he made sure not to cry ...not this time.

__________________________________
Midnight.......

"Clary....I am getting very bad feelings from Alec ....." said Jace to Clary.

"What kind of bad feelings....?" asked Clary worried.

"I don't know....but whatever it is ...it is very painful...." said Jace touching his Parabati rune.

"Mr. Herondale.....Mr.Herondale....please open the door...its very urgent..." said a voice from the main door of the Herondale house.

Jace got alert and took his seraph blade in his hand .

He told Clary to wait inside and himself went towards the main door.

But Clary came behind him just to ensure his safety.

Jace opened the main door of his house.

He saw a dishavelled Andrew standing in front of him.

"Andrew...what are you doing here at this hour...?" asked Jace absorbing an inducted worry from Andrew.

"Sir,....its ...its ....Mr. Lightwood-Bane...he..he....he has attempted a probable suicide...

He is admitted in  the infirmary...please come quickly ...Sir...." blurted out Andrew.

It took two seconds for Jace to absorb the initial shock.

Clary who heard from behind ...she came running to the door with Jace's jacket and his stele and phone in her hand. She herself put on her jacket on  her pyajamas and took her stele and phone.

She shoved the jacket and the belongings in Jace's hand and said
"Comeon Jace ...we need to go  ...."

Clary made a portal in the meantime and Andrew, Jace and Clary stepped into it.

They landed in the infirmary and Andrew directed them to the room where Alec was kept.

Soon they came before the room.

Jace entered the room to see an Alec with a large bandage on his left wrist and pipes and wires everywhere to check his vitals.

It was devastating for Jace to see Alec in this condition.

"Brother Eunoch....how is he...?" said Jace almost crying.

"Critical....there's too much of blood loss....he is still not out of danger...." said the Silent Brother.