Chapter 41: He's Perfect For You.

It was a lazy and sad day for the High Warlock . Two reasons were there which had contributed to that situation.

One, his shadowhunter was not going to be with him  for a whole day and whole night as he had gone to Idris for the Clave business . He would return the next day's morning if nothing unforeseen happened in between.

Two he did not have any appointments from the clients that day to distract him from this trauma of not seeing his shadowhunter for such a long time.

Also he could not talk on phone to his shadowhunter as phones did not work in Idris.

Magnus was lazily sprawling on the couch with his legs on the arm rest wearing Alec's holed trousers and Alec's dilapidated sweatshirt which had seen better days.

The cat was sitting beside Magnus probably because of the trousers and sweatshirt that Magnus was wearing . He was also trying to feel Alec through his clothes like Magnus.....poor cat.

Magnus snapped his fingers and their wedding Album appeared on his lap. The Chairman opened one of his eyes with the sudden change and looked at the interesting thing on Magnus' lap.

"Come kitty...come on my lap ...we will watch the album together..."said Magnus looking at Chairman smiling.

Chairman looked at Magnus and slowly raised from his royal reclining posture and sat on Magnus' lap. Probably he also wanted to have a glimpse of Alec from the still photos.

Magnus smiled and scratched the back of the kitty.

The first page opened.

There was an Alec grinning ear to ear and Izzy stuck her lips on Alec's cheeks. Both the brother  and  sister had cakes smashed on their raven black hair.

Magnus chuckled in his mind.

"Me..ooo..www" said Chairman.

"Yah...you remember this ,you were completely smashed in cake remember ...I had to clean you twice with my magic ...." said Magnus scratching Chairman's ears and laughing.

Magnus flipped to the next photo in the Album, it was a group photo where Alec ,the whole Lightwood family including Jace and then Magnus and Catarina with a little addition of Madzie on the lap of Alec posed for the camera.

The photographer was Simon who had to tell everyone to come closer and closer to fit into the frame. But it happened to be an impossible task.As a result Jace and Izzy with Chairman on her lap had to kneel on the floor before the grooms.Then the Camera was clicked and a beautiful photo appeared.

Magnus rubbed Chairman on his back and asked ..." You remember that ....?"

"Meow....meow......" replied Chairman.

The next page showed an Alec with a grimacing face . He had a glass of some pink liquid in his hand. It was a Warlock delicacy which Magnus arranged for his warlock guests. Magnus remembered that he insisted his shadowhunter  to taste the drink . Alec took the drink and sipped and his face changed badly .  Magnus thought to credit the photographer for his right timing ...it is praiseworthy.

"Remembering old days...." said a familiar voice.

Magnus shot his head up and saw his dearest friend Catarina was standing near the high back chair.

Magnus smiled.

He kept the Album aside.Chairman understood that it was his cue to rise up from Magnus' lap.

Magnus stood up and went to Catarina to greet her.

Magnus hugged Catarina and asked "How are you...you did not tell that you are coming ....? "

"Yah ..thought of giving you a  surprise." said Catarina coming out of the hug.

"It seems somebody is missing someone really hard." said Catarina looking up and down at Magnus.

Magnus smiled and shook his head . He knew that right now he was not the gorgeous Magnus which Catarina was so used to see.

"Missing him ...aren't you....?" said Catarina smirking.

"Yess...." said Magnus smiling and a little blushing which was rare for the warlock though.

"Come sit....why are you standing ..." said Magnus and gestured towards the couch .

Catarina sat comfortably on the couch and looked at Magnus.

Magnus sat on his old place. He summoned two glasses of red wine ...their favourite drink to have a chat .

Catarina smiled and took her  glass. She sipped in the drink and said ...

" I can feel that you are content and  happy...." said Cat.

Magnus took a sip from his glass and smiled .

"This shadowhunter boy made you really happy. Doesn't he....?"said Cat.

Magnus nodded his head blushing.

"You know Magnus ...I have never told you ...but I was always worried for you. I prayed for you everynight ...so that you could get a little love in your life. I think ...now my prayers are granted immensely magnified. Alec is the one and only one for you." said Cat looking at Magnus.

Magnus looked at Cat and asked " Why are you so thoughtful today....?"

"Nothing ..few things happened in the morning that made me so thoughtful." said Cat smiling.

"May I know ...what things happened....? " asked Magnus jovially.

"Actually....I am not here of my own. Alec called me in the morning . He said that you would be alone as he would not be here for one whole day including the night. So he requested me to give you company in your lonliness. He said that you were lonely all these hundreds of years. He did not want you to be lonely any more." said Catarina.

Magnus kept his glass on the table and looked a little surprised and then accepted  with a smile as his Alexander was always so thoughtful.

A tear drop came out of Cat's eyes and she said " He is perfect for you... I saw that many lovers came and went in your life but all of them wanted something from you ..but this boy ..he loves to give ,to take care of you. Looking at you two I really want to fall in love...to love someone so dear that I could spend an eternity with him or her. " said Cat sad as well as hopeful.

Magnus moved from his place on the couch and sat beside Catarina.

He placed a hand on Cat's back and started drawing soothing circles on her back.

"You know Cat...I too closed myself from feeling anything for anyone. I started to believe that true love did not exist ....but Alexander taught me to love....and made me believe that true love exists...I would suggest you to not give up on love....keep on going till you find the true one for you...." said Magnus.

Cat nodded and smiled.

"Oh ...just look at me ...Alec sent me here to make you happy and I am making you sad ...Come lets go shopping for the day ....and we will have a sleepover night with Madzie...." said Cat changing her mood.

" Where have you kept Madzie...now?" asked Magnus.

"Oh ...with a fellow nurse...she is  babysitting her for the day as I requested her. She gladly accepted ...you know Madzie is so cute...no one can refuse." said Cat now grinning ear to ear.

Magnus nodded .

He went to his bedroom to get ready for the shopping . Catarina followed him to help him in his make up and indulge into a bitching and gossiping session which the two friends missed so much.

From the next page of the  album Alec's photograph smiled gorgeously on the table.