Chapter 10: Touchè

"Alisa is going to come any moment....Magnus" said Alec gathering up scattered things from the couch and organizing their dishevelled living room .

"Take it easy Uncle Alec....Mom Clary called me and they were not going to be here for another half an hour." said Magnus from the kitchen.

Alisa Herondale was Alec's niece....Jace and Clary Herondale's four year old daughter. Alec played a big role in bringing Alisa to this world (that story would be told some day else)...so her name was kept Alisa in honour of her godfather and uncle Alec. Alec being Alec had accomplished to become Alisa's most favourite person in this world other than her parents . Any holiday, Alisa would cry to spend the whole day with Uncle Alec . Uncle Alec being the Inquisitor did not get so many days off but whenever the fated coincedence of holidays take place Uncle Alec would be eager to spend the time with his niece and god-daughter Alisa. That day was such a fated day of their long waited tryst . So Uncle Alec was nervous as always and trying to make the Lighthood-Bane residence fit for his princess Alisa.

"Magnus ...do we have the ingredients to make pasta ....Aly likes them when you make them with your special herbs" asked Alec checking whether there were any pointed things lying unattended anywhere ...he could not take chance. It might hurt his little princess.

"Yes ...yes ...Alec calm down everything is arranged and they are perfect ...just don't worry. " said Magnus reassuringly from the kitchen.

Alec came with three seraph blades in his hands into the kitchen and asked hurriedly " Where can I keep them ...Magnus ? Should be somewhere ,where Aly can't go .."

"Keep them on the upper shelf in the kitchen itself ...she can't reach there ...." said Magnus pointing at the upper shelf with his beautiful painted fingers.

Alec kept the blades at the said place.

"You hid three seraph blades just in our living room ....how many else does the whole house has ? " asked Magnus rolling his eyes.

"Well... that's a secret Magnus . " said Alec with the armour of his most adorable smile so that Magnus could not get into the issue further. Believe it ...that worked like it always does.

Just to be on the safe side Alec changed the topic by taking a long breathe in and smelling the sweet spicy smell of Magnus' special pasta with herbs for his niece.

"Mmmmmm .....that smells really good ....she would love it"said Alec.

Magnus smiled at Alec and said

" Like I love her and her favourite Uncle Alec " said Magnus getting into a slow kiss with Alec.

The door bell rang.....

Alec and Magnus pulled apart ...

"Go my prince ...it will not be good to make your little princess wait for you .." said Magnus stealing a quick kiss from his husband in the go.

Alec sprinted to the door and opened it only to catch something heavy that jumped onto him . He was quick as he caught the thing.

Well...um...not a thing ..she was the said Princess Alisa .

Alisa had jumped right onto her target knowing that her Uncle Alec would always be there to hold her which was logically not wrong after all Uncle Alec was immortal.

Both Jace and Clary laughed at their daughter. And Alec caressed little Alisa's back. Alisa kissed both of Alec's cheeks and said "..Hawo.. Uncil Alic ...I mishhed you ....sho.. sho....muchhh..."

Alec : " I misshed you too ...baby Angel....how are my little princess doing ...?"

Alisa snuggled into Alec's neck more and whispered "not ....good ...tummy achy..."