Chapter 39: The Rune Part-1

Some wise man said someday

             Home Sweet Home.

He was correct though. In this world which always runs behind to bite you and rip you into pieces ...home is the place where one finds solace. For Alec this adage was very apt. After a long day at the Clave ...he looked forward to get to his home. But for Alec the home is not just the  structure of four walls. His home starts where his warlock resides. He has come to this realization that for him ..his home is his Magnus. If his Magnus decided to sleep on the bench of the station ...for Alec interestingly that station-bench would be his home.

On one such busy day ,Alec got really tired . He just wanted to get into the embrace of his warlock -his home. So when his office timings were over ...he made a portal to the loft . He landed before the closed door of the loft and fished for the loft keys in his pockets.

As he was in the process of fishing for the keys which had the exceptional talent of getting lost everytime...however carefully they were put, Alec heard few humming sounds coming from inside of the loft. He guessed from the sound that two people were talking.

Alec thought that Magnus must be talking with some client . By now he found the keys who decided to have mercy on Alec and stopped playing Hide and Seek with Alec. They got caught by themselves in Alec's fingers. Alec pulled out the keys from  his  pocket and started to unlock the door of the loft.

He entered the loft. The sounds of two men talking increased now. Alec closed the loft door . He kept the keys  on the counter and tried to concentrate hard on the sounds. To his amazement he could recognise the voice of the client. It was ....it was.....Jace.

Alec sprinted to the living room and saw a very unusual picture in front of his eyes.

Jace Herondale was talking cordially rather happily to Magnus Bane.

Alec was surprised ....may be utterly amazed.

What in Raziel's name had happened to these two?

Why were they spending time together that to talking....also laughing ...

Both Magnus and Jace stopped their cordial talk and looked at Alec . There was a faint smile on the corner of Magnus and a similar smile was reflecting on the lips of Jace.

Alec's jaws dropped. He kept the  office files in his hands on the centre table. Then he went straight to Jace. He placed his hands on Jace's forehead and checked his temperature. He found the temperatue to be normal. Then he pinched Jace hard .

"Oooouuuccchhhh....
What are you doing Alec? ...Are you out of your mind....? " said Jace angrily.

Alec felt the pain from the pinch as  well ....this means that the person who was sitting on the couch and laughing with Magnus was his parabati and that was confirmed.

Magnus was looking at Alec with thoughtful eyes .

Alec came straight to the warlock and checked for any abnormal symptoms  in the warlock too. But he was normal too.

Jace then asked rubbing the place where he was pinched just now by his own parabati... " What are you doing Alec ?"

Alec in a trembled voice asked " How in the world ,you two are laughing together and talking...what happened to you two ...is it some kind of spell or anything else? "

Magnus held Alec's hands and pulled Alec to make him sit on the couch beside him and said

' Calm down....Alec ....we have decided to change the things that are bitter among us and thought of making things more cordial and sweeter." said Magnus.

Jace looked at Alec smiling and nodded.

But Alec still found it hard to believe . With his skeptical tone ,he questioned ..." Why?"

"Come on .. ...Alec ,we have sorted out things between us and we decided to be friends ...are you not happy....? " asked Jace .

"Yes ...of course I am happy... but it happened all of  a sudden...that is a little too much for me to accept...that's it." said Alec.

Magnus and Jace exchanged a smile .

Alec saw that from the corner of his eye.

"Are you sure that there is nothing you wanted to share with me ...? " asked Alec

Both Magnus and Jace nodded at the same time.

"Okay ...then you two carry on your friendly conversation ...I need to take a bath." said Alec as he was getting up from the couch.

Suddenly Jace's phone rang . Jace picked up the phone and in a worried tone replied

"Okay I am coming....get ready.." said he.

"What is it?" asked Alec as he was sensing something worrisome through his Parabati bond.

" There is a demon attack at the centre of the city ...need  to go with the team . " said Jace getting up from the couch.

"Need a help?" asked Alec.

"Come on ...Mr.Inquisitor....the world is not ending that the inquisitor himself needs to go to kill demon." said Jace patting Alec's shoulder.

Alec smiled.

"Its a regular demon attack ...your Parabati is capable enough to tackle that..." said Jace smiling back.

They hugged . Jace said a goodbye to Magnus.

He sprinted out of the loft door closing the door behind him.

__________________________________

"Alexander...dear..pass me the salad bowl.." said Magnus serving hot food on the dining table .

"Yah ... wait a second...coming with it..." said Alec from the kitchen who was helping his warlock to set the table for their dinner.

Suddenly Alec's phone rang on the centre- table. Magnus who was nearer to it sprinted to the table . He saw that it was a call from Isabelle.

Alec was still in the kitchen . He might have not heard the ring . Magnus thought of picking up the phone...

"Hello " said Magnus.

" Alec ...its Jace ...come to the office quick...." said a panick- stricken Isabelle.

"Its Magnus....I am sending him now...." said Magnus .

"You come along ...we need you ...please...." said Izzy.

"Okay...." said Magnus and diconnected the phone.

Alec came near phone by this time .

Magnus turned and saw Alec .

"Okay ....Alexander ...just don't freak out..okay....we need to go to the Clave's office now...its Jace ....there is something serious with him ...." said Magnus trying to sound calm and composed.

Alec's eyes got widened . He was in his pajamas.

Magnus snapped his fingers and soon both of them were in presentable dresses and Alec got his phone and stele in his hand instanty....the perks of having a warlock husband.

Magnus made a portal and soon they reached the Clave's office.

//To be Continued......//