Chapter 71: The Wings 1

"Do you think ...Lilith has really changed her mind? " asked Jace looking at Alec and Magnus.

They were all sitting in the Edom Palace . Lilith was left unharmed after she promised to mind her own area and be in good books of Great Demon.

Jace and Max were on the floor . Max was playing with different toys which Uncle Sinus lovingly bought for His Highness.
Jace was occassionally participating in Max's game and simultaneously talking with the others.

"It could be her plan...." said Jace.

"Why you left her like that Alexander..we should have killed her then and there." said Magnus.

"You know that we cannot kill her...we are not so powerful " said Alec .

"Max can kill her ...we just have to tell him...he will listen to his Dada and Papa..." said Jace pulling Max on his lap .

"Yes..I agree with you all...Max can kill Lilith. And I know that there is a possibility that Lilith has not transformed at all. She may have played a game with us....but have you all not seen that if Max had killed Lilith ...what would have been the consequence...." said Alec.

All of the others looked at Alec thoughtfully.....

"Well...Asmodeus was a bad king. All the people of Edom knew that. So people accepted his demise without any question. If Lilith was killed inside the cave under shadowy circumstances...it would make many of the commoners to think that Max or may be Magnus was clearing the opponents to rule over the whole of Edom .They have become over-ambitious too.

The people were already insecured because of having experienced the rule of Asmodeus for so many years.

When they would hear frequent killings by Max too they would feel insecured again.

Till now Max is a saviour to the people. Nobody knows about the kidnapping by Lilith...nobody knows about the wrongdoings of Lilith so....If Max killed Lilith in such a shadowy circumstance then it would have given materials to many filthy mouths to talk against Max. " said Alec.

Magnus and Jace listened to Alec.

"But now Lilith can make other plans to take Max or Sinus down..." said Jace. Max was feeling drowsy on Jace's lap. He sprawled on his uncle's lap oblivious to the serious talking that was going on about his future kingdom.

"That's what I want...let Lilith do something outrageous . Let her gather army ...or make a coup on Edom ...then Edom would give an answer and under that circumstance if Max killed Lilith with his powerful magic then Max would again become the saviour . He could not be called a killer." explained Alec.

"From where did you know all those dynastic politics ....dear Alexander...." asked Magnus proudly.

"No wonder you are ruling the Clave...." said Jace caressing lovingly Little Max's raven black hair. Max was already in the dreamland of unicorns and pegasus.

Alec gave a humble smile at his husband and his Parabati.

"Um.....guys....Max is out....." said Jace almost in a whisper.

Both Magnus and Alec looked at their little love....Max was in deep sleep drooling on Uncle Jace's shadowhunter gear.

Alec went to Jace. He gathered Max as stealthily as possible from Jace' s lap. Max squirmed a little. Alec rocked Max to get him
into deep sleep again. He placed Maxie on the royal crib in the royal palace of Edom and was tucked in luxurious silk blanket.

"We will get back when Max would complete his sleep." said Jace.

Both Magnus and Alec nodded.

"We must get some sleep too..." said Alec yawning.

"Yah....I would go to the room ...Sinus has given me....you two go to your room..." said Jace sleepily.

"Okay...happy sleep..." said Alec behind Jace as he went out of the door.

After Jace was gone....

"I don't want to go anywhere leaving Maxie..." said Alec turning to Magnus.

"We are not going anywhere ,Love...what happened in the past few hours would not let us to leave Maxie all alone. We will manage to be on the bed in this room...." said Magnus yawning.

Alec smiled and nodded.

Both the couples were out within seconds as they were exhausted to their maximum.

Uncle Sinus had protected the whole of Edom palace with his magic so that no one can disturb His Highness when he was in Edom . He had also talked with his childhood friend Magnus to make the ward of Magnus' loft twice strong after the kidnapping incident.

Magnus also told of shifting his workplace away from his loft. Max's safety was more important than his business to him.

// to be continued....//