Chapter 68: The Kidnapping 5

"Take the bottle...little one ...." said Lilith putting the feeding bottle into the mouth of Little Max.

Max sucked the content a little and spat it out.

"You feisty....little devil...here I am trying to be nice with you and you are busy giving tantrums...." said Lilith irritated.

She forced the bottle back into Max's mouth and pressed it tight . Max's little hands tried to move the bottle away...and he started whinning ....visibly irritated.

__________________________________

"Your Majesty ....we are in Edom...." said Sinus coming out of the rift .

"Yah...Thank you Sinus....from here onwards I will lead you all ...I can sense Max's unique angelic magic." said Magnus.

"We need to do a little hurry ....Magnus...I can sense that Max is being ill treated...I will burn Lilith alive for that...." said Alec fidgety.

"What ?.... I will make Lilith to pay for this...." said Magnus angrily.

"Just follow me...." said Magnus.

__________________________________

The bottle was forcefully emptied. Max coughed a little. The content was tasteless and not enjoyable to his tastebuds.

He looked around the room once again as if trying to see whether his parents have reached yet or not.

He looked at the firetorch and the candles in the room and uttered ...
"Dd...dddd.....pappppp......"

"Now that ...you are full, baby ....show me your magic to me....." said Lilith looking at Max.

Max looked in the direction of the sound as Lilith talked. Without any further words suddenly Lilith threw a sharp knife at Little Max. Max's body glowed and the knife vanished into thin air.

"Oh..that was good ......you have got good magical reflexes...it will be nice to have such strong magic to serve me" said Lilith demonically excited .

__________________________________

"Magnus...how far is it...? Just make it quick please..." said Alec nervously.

"What happened Love...??" asked Magnus worried.

"Its just...I can feel...Max is not treated good ...he is not happy...." said Alec.

"We are almost there ...just hold on a little...." said Magnus.

"How could you feel Max?" asked Jace.

"May be the magic of Max by which Alec is bonded with him is stronger in Edom so Max can make Alec feel when he is in distress....or may be Max is attracting Alec towards him through his bond.." said Magnus while half running along with the rest.

Jace nodded and said " Max's magic is unique and strong in Edom...."

__________________________________

"What are you doing..... you little demon baby....??" said Lilith protecting herself with her hands from the sudden shower of knives.

Max was having his own fun . As if he was killing time till his Daddy and Papa could find him.

He was giggling loudly as Lilith was irritated. A good way to take revenge for the tasteless bottle which he was fed forcefully.

Lilith snapped her fingers and soon the raining of knives stopped. But it was temporary . After a pause of few minutes the rain of knives started again.

Max giggled with his little lungs out.

Lilith again was protecting herself from the sharp knives with her hands.

"Stop it you little demon....I have seen enough of your magic" said Lilith again.

Max sat upright on the crib. He held the sides of the crib and stood straight on his little legs and looked at Lilith.

He gave a toothless smile and said " Daddda.....papppp......"

__________________________________

"Can you hear that ..." said Jace hiding in the corner of the dark tunnel . There were attendants everywhere.

"Hear what....?" whispered Magnus.

"I think ...I heard ...Max...he was giggling...." whispered Jace thoughtfully.

"We have to remove these attendants to get inside..." said Alec.

"Don't worry ...your Majesty...they will be taken care of...just keep looking at them...." said Sinus .

Then Sinus asked Jace to clap his hands three times ...Jace did as he was asked ( because Sinus' magic was with Jace for the bonding rune) there was foggy smoke everywhere. When the clog cleared Alec saw there were no attendants and the entrance to the cave was clear.

"How did you do that....?' asked Jace amazed.

"Yes....gentlemen this is how Sinus' magic works...." said Magnus smiling proudly at his childhood friend.

Sinus smiled back at Magnus.

"Lets get inside..." said Magnus.

The four men entered the cave . It was dark and fire-lit torches were not illuminating the whole space. There were dark shadows here and there. After walking stealthily for some distance...Magnus could sense strong magic which was so familiar and dear to him.

"I can hear a lady's voice..." said Alec.

"Yah I can hear a lady too.." said Sinus.

"Alec and Sinus(because of bonding rune ) presently are two shadowhunters here....so you can hear things which are far away more clearly than us ....so guide us to the sounds..." said Magnus.

"Yah ....of course...Lilith is a few steps apart ....folks...." said Alec leading the group propping his bow and arrow in his hands.

//to be continued......//