Chapter74: Duck Debacle 1

It was a lazy day for Magnus.

Alec ,Magnus and the little one returned to the loft from Edom the night before. Alec had gone to attend the Clave business in the morning and Magnus had a day off. It was a rare occassion that Magnus did not have any clients to take his service and pay him hansom .

Magnus was rather happy as he would get to spend a whole day with the little piece of his heart -Max.

Sinus had come yesterday to increase the loft's safety with his unique magic and he left after that. So Magnus could be assured that Max would not be harmed by outsiders, all of a sudden. His sudden kidnapping was an eye-opener to the parents.Also Magnus was looking for a good space for his new office. Soon he would shift his business away from his loft.

Magnus tiptoed to the nursery as Max was still asleep. He was so exhausted from the journey from Edom to the loft that he had already taken a sleep of good twelve hours.

Magnus came near the crib. He held the edge of the crib and looked at Max with all the love he could muster in him . He could see a baby Alec in Max.He smiled in his mind. The raven black hair,the pale white complexion the rosy thin lips...all are like Alec. But he knew and Alec had pointed out more than once that Max inherited Magnus' cat-eyes and his warlock marks, with his aquiline nose and sculpted cheek bones.

But those cat-eyes are now hidden under the closed lids of Maxie's sleeping eyes. Magnus pressed a hand on his lips and kissed it and placed the hand on Max's head gently.

Max squirmed a little . Magnus patted Max lightly so that Max could go into deep sleep again.

But Maxie's eyes fluttered open. He yawned cutely and stretched his plum little hands over his head.

Magnus kept on looking at Max with awe in his eyes.

"Papppaaa...." uttered Max.

Under the limited words in Max's lexicon which was literally confined to Dadda,Pappa and UnciJa probably he was trying to say good morning to his father.

"Yes...Baby.....a very good Morning to you too" said Magnus.

Max made grabby hands towards Magnus and uttered "Mmmnng".

Magnus took Max in his arms and placed him comfortably on the crook of his waist .

"Dadda....???" said Max innocently.

"No sweetheart ,Dadda left hours ago...you were sleepy sleepy deeply.....but Dadda kissed Maxie ...here..." said Magnus rolling his fingers on Max's cheeks.

Max giggled shyly getting red.

"Oh....that blush....your dad blushed red when we went for our first date....you have inherited the most precious thing sweetie...." said Magnus kissing Max on his little cheeks which were blood red .

Max put his little palms on his eyes as he was getting very shy.

Magnus chuckled on Max's antics.

"Oh...you are adorable like your Dada....." said Magnus.

Magnus took Max straight to the tub . He prepared the small tub with water and gentle soap and placed Max on the tub.

Max thought to be a little naughty and play with his Papa.

Max's angel wings appeared.Max flapped his wings and started flying in the room.

Magnus who was busy with the towels and the toys looked up and saw Max was busy in his mischief. He was flying in the air all over the room.

"Max ....come down now...." said Magnus with his hands on his waist.

Max giggled but kept on flying from one corner of the room to the other corner.

"Maxie ...come down now........or Papa will slap your bum red....." said Magnus showing fake anger to bring Max down.

Max giggled.

" Max Lightwood Bane ....come down right now...." said Magnus making his eyes bigger and angrier.

Max thought things were getting serious and so he descended quickly on the tub.

Magnus followed Max with his fake angry eyes...

Max shook his head. Occationally peeking at his father.

Magnus hid a smile.

Magnus sat before the tub and kissed Max's head.

Max's smile returned.

"Don't use your wings so often Maxie....you might hurt yourself...." said Magnus pouring water on Max.

Max splashed water and played with it. He tried to catch it,hold it but the water was too naughty to get caught by Max.

Magnus laughed at Max's amazed eyes.

"Do you know Max .. I never thought that I will live a moment like this ever...where I will be bathing my own son ...who is as cute as you in a little tub in this centuries old loft. This loft was my house for many centuries...your angel Dada filled this house with love and made it a home for me...and now you have filled this house with joy and broke the silence with your melodious giggles." said Magnus rubbing Max with a soft sponge .

Max listened to Magnus . As if he understood and absorbed his father's emotions .

Magnus poured more water on Max and said "Papa loves Dada and you alot ....Max ....."

Max smiled and said "Lvvvee u"

Magnus chuckled.

"You are picking things up fast ....baby...." said Magnus.

Max was playing with a toy duck.

Magnus observed it and a mischief played through his mind.

"That's a duck..Max....." said Magnus.

"Dckkk...' said Max.

"Yes....and that's your Uncle Jace's favourite toy...."said Magnus .

"UnciJa....UnciJa....." said Max.

"Duck and Uncle Jace are friends....okay...." said Magnus rubbing his hands with lopsided smile.

"Fwnd...Fwnd....." said Max playing with the duck.

"UnciJa ...dck....fwnd....." said Max clapping his hands.

Magnus smiled and pulled Max from the tub and wrapped little Max in towel.....smiling in his mind on the little mischief which he planned for his lovely brother-in-law.

//to be continued......//

****If you Liked the story ...please vote,comment and share with your friends.

You can follow me here or on Instagram or can
Befriend me on Facebook. ****