Chapter 32: A Malec Moment

"Ouch............ouch..........Alexander ...please be gentle..on me." said Magnus.

"Stop wincing Magnus...." said Alec authoritatively.

Alec was plucking out glass pieces from Magnus' feet .( Sorry to those readers who might have thought something else reading just the first two lines....).

Magnus had broken his empty wine glass unmindfully while making potion and stepped on it . It was to his luck that Alec returned that day a little early otherwise Magnus had to do the painful task of plucking of glasses himself. He was drained out of his magic too while making the potion ...so magic was not an option to quick relief.

Alec was sitting on the floor with Magnus' bloody feet on his lap.His thighs were soiling with blood stains.There was a bowl of warm water ,cotton,antiseptic, ointment and bandage . He was trying to pluck the glasses out as carefully as possible from his warlock's feet. But Magnus could not help but feel the pain.

"Okay Magnus two out ....three more to go..." said Alec ...trying to soothe his warlock.

Magnus was holding Alec's shoulder with his right hand tightly just to cope up with the pain. His shadowhunter gives him strength and support for everything .

"Okay Magnus ...this one is the third one ....get ready...." said Alec holding Magnus' feet tightly with his left hand and about to pluck the glass piece with his right hand.

"One ...two ...three....go..." said Alec.

"OH GOD...." screamed Magnus in pain.

Magnus looked at Alec . There was no glass piece in his hand ....Alec was struggling to hide the smile forming on the sides of his lips.

Magnus smacked Alec hard on his shoulders .

"Whoao...that hurts..."said Alec rubbing his shoulders.

"Yes ...it supposed to ...." said Magnus pouting.

Alec laughed and plucked the glass piece at that moment so stealthily that Magnus did not even feel it and not wince this time....

When Alec threw that glass piece in the bowl beside him ...Magnus asked ...

"How did you do that...this time I did not feel it at all....?" said Magnus surprised.

"Hmmm....Being a Big brother I know how to calm fussy  children......right now you are one....." said Alec smiling.

"Talk to me then....so that I don't feel the pain...." said Magnus.

"No need ..because all the glass pieces are out..." said Alec.

Magnus' jaws dropped....

"You are a magician ....Alexander" said Magnus.

"No ...I am a shadowhunter ...you are a warlock....and I love you ... " said Alec now cleaning Magnus' wound with warm water and towel.

"Your love is Magic...for me .The most powerful magic in this world ......." said Magnus in his jovial tone.

Alec smiled and took the antiseptic in cotton and started applying on the wounds. Magnus winced a little. Alec started blowing cool air through his lips to lighten the irritation.

It soothed Magnus . Magnus looked at Alec who was tending to his warlock with all his mind. A solitary tear drop came out of Magnus' eyes. All these hundreds of years ,nobody took such care of him ,neither his parents ,nor his lovers....no one was like the one sitting in front him .

Alec took the ointment in his fingers and started putting it on the wounds now. Magnus did not react this time ...only another tear drop escaped his eyes this time.

Alec took the bandage and started wrapping it around the wound ...as his warlock was not making a fuss so he doubted a little. He shot up his head to see Magnus' lovely face....but there were tear drops in those lovely eyes...

"Really ....you were crying from this little wound....?" said Alec now putting the last tie on the bandage in his hand.

"No ...I am not crying for that stupid wound. These are...these are happy tears....the happiness of getting you in my life ...." said Magnus now half crying and half smiling.

Alec sighed and kept the bandage in his hands aside. He carefully put his warlock's feet down from his lap. He rose up to sit on the couch beside Magnus. He put his hand on Magnus' and squeezed it a little . Magnus put his head on Alec's shoulder . They did not say anything ....nothing to be said . They could use silence as words as their hearts talked to each other.

Alec held his hand up and said take my power and re-energise yourself...that's how you would be healed quickly.

"No need ..let me heal in the mundane way ....I enjoy ...when you take care of me...." said Magnus from Alec's shoulders.

Alec smiled and said..."On the contrary ...I love to take care of my old beautiful warlock."

Alec kissed Magnus on his head.

" What would you like to have in dinner ...?" asked Alec .

" Forget about dinner ....just stay with me here ...like this ...I am enjoying this moment....let me enjoy it..." said Magnus still on his shadowhunter's shoulder.

Alec leaned  a little on the back of the couch with his warlock and relaxed . It had been many days that they did not enjoy the companionable silence between the two of them.

"Promise me Alexander ...you will never leave me ...you will always stay like this forever beside me...." said Magnus pleading.

Alexander ...rubbed his immortality rune on his wrists...a gift from Clary and Jace ...and said smiling , "I promise ....I will stay with you ...always..and ..forever...".

Magnus sighed in relief and now wrapped his arms around Alec' s middle and closed his eyes to savour the moment again.